8-The token

The streets buzzed with life as we walked, the shouts and laughs of shoppers and venders. We began to approach the shrine  clad in sakura and spring leaves amongst the forest,as Onikiri and Kotetsu appeared.

"Welcome back Lady Nanami, Lady y/n."

"Wheres Tomoe?'' Nanami asked Curious.

"Preparing you a lovely evening meal." I chuckled walking in and entered the kitchen, noticing Tomoe having been in the kitchen looking up at us. He stopped chopping up the shiitake and approached us with concern and suspicion. He gripped Nanami's marked arm with cut eyes ,examining it.

"What is this? Have you seen your arm? Where did this mark come from?" He asked concerned his voice not wavering.

"I picked up a snake and I guess I'm allergic." Nanami spoke calmly not bothered.

"On the contrary the snake has left its mark of favor."

"What does that mean?" Both Nanami and I asked. I was curious, I've never heard of such a thing.

"In simple turns it means he has chosen you to be his wife." Both Nanami and I gasp,although she smiles .A proposal?  Tomoe smirked as Nanami uttered a confused what."I think you heard me, now what I want to know is how you got so affectionate with the snake in question?" Nanami gasped at what he was implying . Rain began to pour as Nanami explained. 

"A white snake wandered into the school and got attacked,and then you stepped in and rescued him from harm. How heroic."