Chapter 23: Walk the Line

Our good time came to an end when a Target employee came forward and stopped me and Brittany, us causing too much chaos. "Hey, excuse me," he flagged us down, "you two—"

Coming closer and into sight, the guy with almost identical bleached hair like mine with his name tag reading "Stanley" gawked at me unbelievably.

"Oh, my God... this can't be..." he blinked. "Slim!" he yelled excitedly, speed-running up. He forgot all about what Brit and I were doing seconds before. "I love you! What's been up? I'm your biggest fan, man. We were meant to be," he claimed. He came up and literally hugged me without warning.

Brittany giggled the whole time as this dude asked me to autograph his work cap for him, even his name tag... and his chest? That part he was joking, I hoped.

Brit cleaned up the mess we made in the aisle in the meanwhile, me thanking this Stan for all the support, actually feeling a little weirded out by how much of a dedicated stalker and creep he sounded. Him saying shit about us wanting to be together... He was cool, though. I gave him a pound hug near the end while he just pulled me tightly into an affectionate, close embrace, so close I even felt his breath on me. The fuck, bro. 

After having to literally pull myself off of him, I whispered to Brit, "Alright, let's jet." I made a motion at her, getting her and I to go. His eyes followed me until we was out of sight. That was uncomfortable.

Brit and I were doing a last bit of cruising around shop and picking up things before we planned to exit. As we were on our way to the exit after a while, she asked me about if I got with anyone the time we stopped seeing each other. Ah, fuck. Of course she had to bring this topic up. I answered her honestly. "Yeah... I've fucked around with some bitches. This one called Kesia, another with the name Tonya," I chuckled somewhat. Inside joke. "But, nothing too serious or anything," I lied a little. "What about you?" I quickly asked back.  

She seemed a bit down after I told her. But, I felt just the same when she told me about her story. "Yeah, I started seeing another guy myself... his first name was Rakim. It didn't end up so good. He left me for some other chick who ain't even nothing. His loss. And then we each got tattoos of one another," she said, regretful. "I was stupid. Didn't know what I was thinking," she said with her head down, glancing at her left hand, apparently where the placement of the tattoo had been.

I caught a glimpse while she did it. I blew out a long sigh. "Well, this has been some great catching up," I said sarcastically.

She smiled lightly. "It's been fun," she replied back, thinking on the bright side. "Oh, hold on, let me grab some things here," she got interrupted, looking the other direction.

While near checkout, I quick picked up some energy drinks and chips while Brittany was away for a moment, looking at magazines, getting some snack food on the side for herself. 

As we were split (taking this chance), I scanned and noticed there was one available checkout lane away from the others which nobody was around. A lady cashier was there: a hot, red-headed one, minding her own business. Perfect, I thought, time to complete my mission I talked about earlier while I could with B away. I was prepared to put my plan into action and fully execute it.

Moving on ahead, leaving Brittany behind with no turning back, I hurried over there. I whistled innocently, setting my items on the conveyor belt, the young checkout chick named Lindsay (as read on her name tag) eyeballing me hard and becoming flirty. Whew, god damn.

"Hi," she seductively started, her beginning to scan my items.

I smiled. "How you doing?"

My next action, before letting her answer, ended with me pulling out a pistol from my pants I stuffed in there earlier, as well as reaching out and snatching one of the Target shopping bags hastily. I kept the weapon tucked and hidden low to where it was away from sight from anybody else. I pointed it at her, bringing up the bag, starting right back up.