Chapter 5: Trust Your Struggle

Brittany's P.O.V.

I was dead serious when I said that. Rapping? Freestyling? As good as I'd just witnessed Eminem do in front of me moments ago? Hell yeah, I wanted to learn how to do that.

"That's it?" Em said, like it was a piece of cake to him.

I nodded my head.

"Man, sure, I'd love to teach you. All that I know. For this one date?"

I laughed like crazy. "God, no."

"My bad," he quickly corrected himself, like he was afraid of losing how far this conversation had gotten. "Just as friends getting something to eat?"

I agreed, satisfied with that answer. "Let's do pizza," I spontaneously added in.

He was enjoying this. "There's a Jet's Pizza not too far from here. I love that fucking place. Want to go?"

"Sure," I agreed, laughs spilling.

Before we could go on, we turned and saw Proof and the other guys stepping out of The Hip Hop Shop behind us. They all had smiles plastered on their faces as they exclaimed their "Hey's." Soon, it was like a circle had formed around me and Em—a circle full of all the guys.

"Hey yo, let me finally introduce y'all to each other," Proof began, directing to me.

I looked up curious, Em a little unsettled. I looked at the guys around me. There were about four faces I wasn't familiar with.

Proof continued, speaking to me first, pointing at the four. "Bunny, I want you to meet Obie Trice, Bizarre, Kuniva, and Denaun. You can just refer to them as Obie, Bizzy, Kuniva as Kuniva, and Denaun as Mr. Porter or Kon Artis. Whatever you want."

I didn't think I caught any of that, truthfully. It flew past me like a paper plane. I just smiled at them all, nodding my head, pretending like I got it.

Proof went on. "And guys, this is Bunny. Em's girl," he grinned at the group, making it sound way worse than it should've.

"Oh, fuck that shit," I went on to announce out loud, not holding back.

The rest of the guys began then.

"Damn!"

"Girl's got a mouth!"

"You just got fucking rejected."

"Sucker!"

They continued on making remarks, laughs breaking here and there. Em looked pretty defeated, getting irritated at the group. Proof was basically cracking up the entire time.

But after a while, the four separated, going their own paths. It was Proof, Em, and I left there.

I started to speak to Proof, a wide smile on my face. "Em and I were about to go out for pizza. Do you want to join?"

Proof shrugged his shoulders, down. "I got stuff I got to take care of. Sorry. I'll leave you both alone, though," he said suggestively, us (or at least me) getting mad at him for that.

Him and Em hugged each other after, telling that they'd see each other soon. Proof waved me a goodbye. After Proof left, I reached in my purse and pulled out my car keys in a second, facing Em. "My car?"

"Sure," he agreed, smiling a little. Seemed like the first real smile since we were last alone before the rest of the group came.

As we were both heading over to my car to get to the pizza place, I noticed him being a little weirdo and making the most random remarks. I felt he was just doing that to talk to me. But, for some reason, I wasn't really minding that he was doing that. I kind of enjoyed it.