Mate of Honor Ch. 19 part 2

Another short one that I just had to write real fast and get down for yall to read so this is part 2 and the next uplaod will be chapter 20 :) enjoy

Rosie took a deep breath clenching the flowers in her hands tightly. Her eyes were trained to the floor consuming her vision in stone path and white fabric and lace. A hand touched her arm and without looking she nodded signaling she was ready. Her stomach turned, fluttering madly as it pushed her to near distraction. Her feet were mindlessly pointing towards the door, telling her she still had a chance to run away as fast as she could.

            “He’d catch me,” She whispered to herself with a small smile. A sound floated to her ears in seconds being distinguishable as the song signaling the beginning of the ceremony. Still staring to the ground she lifted her eyes enough to see the glimpses of red dresses floating along the ground moving into view of the crowds, down the aisle. The final red dress disappeared from sight and Rosie bit her lip.

            There is was, the violins changing tune, switching to a haunting song. Here comes the bride, she thought as the rustle of people clambering to a stand eagerly in search of a glimpse of the bride reached her ears. There was no one by her side, but there were people she cared about, she loved, waiting just around the corner. Rosie waited for the right beat and raised her head walking to the beat around the corner and onto the long aisle.

            A gasp passed through her lips at the beauty of everything come together into a wonderland sight before her. The trees sparkled, heavy with white mounds of snow and twinkling lights fighting through the crystal cages. Red flowers hung with rich green leaves at the aisle ends leading her towards the arch of flowers and lights where the man of her dreams stood waiting. Her gaze swept over the entire crowd with gleeful bliss before she finally let her eyes settle on her man, her mate.

            Ethan’s awed look broke with a breath taking smile that made her legs eager to turn from their slow walk to a sprint right to his arms. At the end of the aisle Rosie was swept clear of all hesitation, all doubts, finally with her love ready to start her life with him. The pastor smiled down at them and Rosie turned to hand Roxie her bouquet to hold during the ceremony. To Rosie’s surprise it was Jenny who reached out to take the flowers. Rosie jerked back her hands in surprise staring at the Delta in shock.

            “Where is Roxie?” Rosie hissed in a whisper panic starting to set in. Her eyes swept over the crowds in search of her twin.

            “Roxie?” Jenny’s face scrunched in confusion. “Rosie what are you talking about? Give me the flowers and marry your fiancé.” A smile half joking and half worried appeared on Jenny’s face.

            Ethan’s hand settled on Rosie’s shoulder as he whispered in her ear, “Is everything alright love?”

            Rosie turned facing him with tears in her eyes. “Where’s Roxie?”

            “Who?” Ethan asked looking just as confused as Jenny had.

            “My twin sister, Roxie,” Rosie threw a look at Jenny. “She is supposed to be my maid of honor, she is supposed to be here, where is she?”

            A look of recognition passed Ethan’s face. “Rosie… honey, let’s not do this now. Please, don’t bring this up now.”

            “Bring what up? Where is my sister?” Her voice was raising and the crowd was getting restless, looks of confusion and worry swirling around. “Roxie,” Rosie shouted facing the crowd still looking for her twin. “Roxie?”

            Ethan turned her around bending slightly to look her straight in the eye. “Rosie, listen to me, you have to remember this okay?”

            “Remember what?” Rosie screeched the panic fully set in.

            “Roxie died remember, in the hospital, she was crazy, she died years ago. You never talk about her, you haven’t seen her since the fire that made her insane.”

            Rosie’s head spun. “Insane? Hospital? My sister never went to a mental hospital! She went to another orphanage and she ran away to be with me again! Roxie isn’t dead!”

            She began to back away the crowds around her seeming to blur. “Rosie,” Ethan called starting to follow her.

            “No! You’re lying to me! Stay away! My sister is not insane! She has never been to a mental hospital and she is not dead! MY SISTER IS NOT DEAD!”

            The crowds had no faces anymore. She didn’t know who anyone was, just hands reaching to steady her, eyes watching her, voices whispering about her.

            “Just like her sister she is.”

            “She’s gone mad.”

            “You know what they say about twins.”

            “One goes insane, the other will follow.”

            “Poor Ethan, what a sad mate to have.”

            “He deserves better than a mental human.”

            “Insane.”

            “Crazy.”

            “She’s completely lost it.”

            Rosie held her head in her hands screaming for them all to stop, to leave her alone. “Roxie! Roxie help me! Where are you, Roxie?”

            Rosie fell to the ground tripping on the path and cried.

            Sitting up gasping for air Rosie looked around her bedroom sweating and panting. The nightmare rang clear in her mind. What was that? Ethan wasn’t in bed, but she had a feeling he’d be up soon at hearing her wake. The house was silent but for the heavy sound of her breathing and racing heart in her ears.

            “Where in the world did I get that idea from?” Rosie shook her head trying to forget the awful dream. It was just her mind coming up with the worst scenario is could, her imagination gone wild. And yet… something was nagging at her mind. “Roxie, please come home soon…”

            The door opened and Ethan entered, Rosie immediately falling into his arms to cry silently.