Mate of Honor Ch. 15

I got a twitter for this account so to see story updates, upload announcments, random thoughts, etc., follow me @DreamTillDawn . and now you get to enjoy the new chapter with another third of the secret revealed and more huge twists. So you have the first third, the fire, now the second, but what could ever be the third? You'll have to wait and see, but for now, enjoy and remember this is in watty awards so comment, vote, whatever makes you happy will make me ecstatic :D oh and picture to the side is what I imagine Rosie's wedding dress to be like

            Ethan paced in his father’s office with a worried mind. Hunter’s eyes followed him back and forth waiting to see a path wore into the carpet. “Your mom will be pissed if you ruin that carpet,” He reminded his cousin.

            “I will be pissed if I don’t find out what her secret is Hunter. I know you want to do this your own way, but this is getting to sound dangerous. Forget getting to, we already past dangerous at murder one. You heard what Jenny said, the history was all articles on dead girls from their orphanage. As far as I’m concerned our mates are in danger!” Ethan said with a voice strained as he tried not to yell.

            Hunter frowned, “Jenny also said that Roxie was voicing her want to tell the police, and Rosie. She’s sure to tell someone soon.”

            “When,” Ethan growled. “When twenty are dead instead of fifteen? When Rosie is added to the dead? What if they hadn’t have come here? They could be dead already.”

            Both growled recalling the conversation they had had on the phone earlier in the day with the landlord of the house Roxie and Rosie rented. They’d been lucky to have called the landlord to buy the house before he called their mates to tell them the house had burned down yesterday. The police suspected foul play, and with what their omega had said about Roxie’s conversation and internet history, Hunter and Ethan were sure of it.

            “You need to talk to her,” Ethan growled, barely keeping in his anger at the situation. His protective instinct was going wild that he knew his mate was in danger but he didn’t know what from. “We are four weeks from the wedding, I want this solved now.”

            Hunter nodded grimly in agreement, as much as he didn’t want to push her, the problem needed to be solved. “Okay, I’ll work on it when the girls get back from working on the dress.”

            The girls, Rosie, Roxie, Josie, Miranda, Jenny, and Mrs. Biggs were gathered at Mrs. Biggs house as they circled a nerve racked Rosie. Rosie did a small twirl, the white fabric brushing the ground lightly at her feet. She stilled as Roxie took a wide red ribbon and secured it around her waist putting in the pins.

            “Roxie dear, I don’t think I’ve ever met another woman who could match me in sewing skills let alone near surpass me.” Mrs. Biggs said joyously looking at Roxie with pride that had the girl blushing and ducking her head.

            “It’s so beautiful, is it almost done?” Rosie asked trying to bite her nails but Josie hit her hands away.

            “Don’t you dare start biting those nails now with the wedding so close.”

            Rosie nodded giving a slight smile that turned to a grin as she looked in the mirror again.

            Roxie and Mrs. Biggs painstakingly worked together to pin the final red ribbon around the brim of the dress bottom. There were still lots of little beadings and bits to be done but the end result would look beautiful. Roxie kept part of her attention on the dress and the other part of Rosie. She was constantly watching for a sign that Rosie wanted to back out. One sign of cold feet, even a cold toe, and Roxie would drag Rosie out of there kicking and screaming if she had to.