Mate of Honor Ch. 11

Let the romance begin. Remember this story is in the watty awards still :) hint hint. Enjoy!

                 A knock on the door woke Roxie up early in the morning. Stretching she groaned and threw back the covers and stood up. The knocking ceased and Roxie shuffled over to open the door. Hunter grinned down at her and Roxie frowned. It was six thirty in the morning, why was he standing outside her door awake and energized?

            “Good morning, beautiful.” Hunter held up a tray full of food kicking open the door lightly. Roxie moved aside letting him through watching him set the tray down on the bedside table. “How’d you sleep?’

            Roxie stared at Hunter for a long moment contemplating what to say. “What do you want Hunter?” Not exactly what she wanted to say, but to the point.

            “I want to get on your good side so we can spend the day together.” Hunter said moving closer to Roxie. His wolf was far past restless. He had to be near her, had to touch her, had to mark her, soon. Just being in the same room he could feel his canines ache to mark his mate and his wolf stir wanting to make her his. Hunter knew he had to bide his time until Roxie was ready to love him.

            Reaching up he placed a hand gently on her shoulder gazing into the blue eyes of his mate with pure fascination. The deep emotions lying there were enough to get lost in. “What exactly do you have planned for a day together?”

            Roxie hated how much her skin tingled at his touch on her shoulder and shrugged his hand off. Backing up Roxie walked into her bathroom leaving Hunter waiting. Hunter growled low and clenched his fists to keep from following her. His wolf was getting sick of rejection. If it were up to Hunter’s wolf they’d get their rejection or acceptance that instant. And then if rejected they’d proceed to win her over.

            “Roxie, will you please just let me spend the day with you?”

            Roxie huffed, running a brush through her hair and brushing her teeth. “Why?”

            “Why not?”

            “Because I don’t like you.”

            “You mean because you’re scared you’ll like me?” Hunter couldn’t help but smirk at her silence.

            Roxie stared at her reflection in the mirror wondering if he was right. Who was she kidding? Of course he was right! She felt the bond these wolves preached about beating her heart into a pulp. Every day around Hunter not actually being around Hunter was making her more and more unsettled. Her heart and her mind were at war, and it had only been two weeks. Amidst the wedding planning and preparations that took up every day there was always Hunter.

            If they went out on the town they met the boys for lunch. If they were at the house then the boys were there always drifting nearby. It was both unnerving, and strangely safe feeling. How would it feel to spend your whole life, or just the rest of your life, always feeling so protected as if no one could hurt you with your mate nearby? Rosie would have that, the she-wolves has that, and Roxie… she could have that.

            “Fine,” Roxie yelled back. “But get out of my room so I can change.”

            Hunter grinned and left victorious waiting for Roxie to get changed so they could leave. “You’re going to have a great time today.”

            “Yeah sure, whatever,” Roxie muttered knowing he would hear her. “What should I wear for this fabulous day out?”

            “Something comfortable, sensible, we’re going to be outside, walking a lot.”