Mate of Honor ch. 18

A short chapter to fill the space between the last and Roxie beginning to tell her story. I wanted that to have its own chapter. Another character card to the side, this time Roxie and an awesome song from one of my fav. bands. Enjoy :)

P.S. Check out my new werewolf story about my version of Little Red Riding Hood mixed in with a litte Scarlet Letter!! Promise you'll like it ;) ... hopefully haha

            The car skidded to a halt Hunter moving faster than the car as he threw it in park and nearly broke down the door getting out. Roxie stood waiting a half smile on her face as she looked him over. He growled jumping from the ground to the porch in one leap and grabbing Roxie around the waist.

            “Don’t ever do that again, Roxie! You scared me half to death! I thought something had happened to you,” His eyes shined with anger and sadness at the last before he growled, “You ran.”

            Roxie lifted her arms up around his neck making the growls coming from deep in his chest stop as he looked down at her confused. “And you chased.”

            Growling low once, Hunter searched Roxie’s face trying to get his bearings. She smiled shrugging as he growled again though it wasn’t angry, more questioning.

            As soon as he’d started the car at home his anger had shot through the roof. When Ethan called saying Alpha Jackson had found them it had only increased. His wolf had been close to breaking through while he was driving. Every mile closer he could sense her more and the dominant side of him howled that she’d never leave his sight again.

            He’d figured she’d already be on the run again by the time he got there, but here she was waiting for him, arms wrapped around his neck. Even his wolf was confused, and they both needed a moment to think after the whiplash of emotions going on.

            “I’m lost,” He admitted pressing his forehead to hers.

            “I figured you would be.” She lifted up on tip toe catching him by surprise again as she pressed her lips to his. Hunter tensed not expecting that and quickly took control moving his mouth over hers and biting her bottom lip gently. Roxie laughed in the back of her throat and opened deepening the kiss, fighting for dominance. Hunter won pulling her closer and tightening his hold afraid she’d disappear if he loosened his grip.

            Roxie squirmed in the iron hold but found it strangely comforting pressing herself closer to her mate so he held her even closer. Not a particle of air slipped between them as Hunter’s ears flicked picking up the sound of wolves inside cheering him on. He chuckled growling in warning to the males to stay away from his mate.

            Pulling her head back when he growled Roxie looked up confused. “What’s wrong?”

            “Just telling the other males to back off my girl,” Hunter replied moving to kiss her again but Roxie pulled back. He groaned afraid she was going to drift off again.

            “Your mate,” Roxie corrected him watching the shock on his face.

            There was a beat of stillness before Hunter practically attacked her. Roxie let out a squeak of surprise and then a short muffled laugh as Hunter began kissing her passionately backing her against the wall and lifting her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

            “I’m sorry,” She said when she broke away for air. “I’m so, so sorry, Hunter.”

            “For what?” Hunter questioned kissing her cheek and moving to kiss down her neck.