Chapter Nine

*Miles' POV*

Today is New Year's Eve. Living in New York we figured we might as well go to Times Square. It's been two hours now and Brianna is still getting ready. Shai and Theo came over so Shai is helping her get ready in our matter bedroom and bathroom while Theo and I are sitting in the living room.

"You want to watch a movie?" I ask breaking the awkward silence in the room. Theo nods. We go to the movie cabinets and look. My eyes suddenly land on one of Brianna's movies. I pick it up and look at Theo. Looking at the movie he gets a devilish look in his eyes, the same one that must be in mine.

I go to the dvd player and put in The Fault in Our Stars. Although two of our friends are the ones playing the lead rolls I hadn't seen it until I met Brianna and I'm sure Theo hasn't seen it. Ansel and Shai would let us watch it. Rumor has it though that Ansel and his girlfriend Annika watch it all the time.

"I'll go get the popcorn." I say.

"I'll get the drinks." Theo says. Soon enough we're sitting on the couch snacking while watching Ansel and Shai fall in love.

We both have tears in our eyes as the credits begin to roll. We don't even have time to wipe them away as the girls walk out of the bedroom. We look up and my mouth drops open.

I've always thought Brianna was beautiful, but I've never seen her look like this. Sure she's been all dressed up for prom and the premieres and our dates but this is something else.

She is wairing a short tight black dress and black heels. Her eyes pop and she has bright red lipstick on.

"Do you like?" She asks. I nod getting up and kissing her forehead.

"I love." We kiss. "And I love you. You're the most beautiful girl in the world and the best girlfriend in the world." She laughs and looks up at me.

"You've been watching The Fault in Our Stars haven't you?" She asks.

"What? Pft no." I say she laughs and shakes her head.

"Yes you have. You were crying when I came out here and you always get really clingy after you watch that movie.

"Okay, maybe I was watching it but i meant what I said." I say. She laughs abd kisses me.

"I know you did. It was really sweet." She says.

"Who knew that so many people come to Times Square for New Year's Eve." Brianna says. I laugh.

"B, haven't you ever watched the ball drop on TV? Or hell even looked out our window on New Year's Eve?" She laughs.

"Well yeah, but the crowd seems much bigger actually being down here in person." She says. I can tell she's a little frightened, she's never really liked big crowds. She wouldn't ever admit to being scared though.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." I say.

"I'm not scared. I'm dauntless, we're not scared of anything." She squeaks as the crowds get closer in.

"I know you are babe, but becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible, it's learning to control your fear and to be free from it." She giggles.

"You know to other girls it would be nerdy that you quote books, but to me it's so romantic." She says and I laugh pulling her close.

"That's why you're mine." I reply and try to kiss her. She pulls away grinning.

"Nope, not until midnight." She says. I pout but she shakes her head laughing.

"Okay then, but be ready cause I'm gonna rock your world." I say kissing the top of her head. She laughs.

"I know you will babe." She says and we walk hand in hand through the crowd.

"Oh my god I love this band." Bri says jumping up and down tying to see over everyone. I laugh and grab her hand forcing our way through the crowd and to the front row of the stage. I watch as Brianna dances to the song. She knows all the lyrics and looking at the way she sings them all back she used to fangirl over this band.

"This is the last song of the night. It's one of our older songs, hope you like it." Says one of the guys. He's blond and has a lip ring. I think that was an Australian accent. The song starts and Brianna turns to me.

"Dance with me!" She yells over the music. I grab her hand and we begin tu slow dance.

"Life's a tangled web, of cell phone calls and hashtag I don't knows." They start out. Our dancing doesn't match the rhythm of the music but we don't care because this moment is perfect.

"3, 2, 1" everyone chants and the ball drops. I turn to Brianna and the second she turns around and looks at me I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her to me. I kiss her like it's the first ever. When we pull back we put our foreheads together and I smile at her and she's grinning back at me.

"I love you." She says.

"I love you too." I reply. I look up and see we're on the jumbotron. "Happy New Year, B." I whisper in her ear. She looks at the jumbotron as well.

"Happy New Year, M."