Chapter Four

After the 18th everybody went home. I got several copies of my book and now I'm bringing them with me, to give to friends and family in Idaho. It's now spring break and we are driving to New Jersey to meet Miles' family. We have now been living in New York for 4 years now and this is the first time I'm meeting Miles' family. Apparently Miles' two older sisters are also there.

"Are you okay?" Miles asks rubbing my left hand as he drives. I look at him and smile. What am I supposed to tell him? That I'm terrified? That I am going through every bad possibility that could occur during this dinner?

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say. He pulls his eyes away from the road long enough to examine me.

"What's wrong?" he asks. He knows me too well.

"I'm just, worried. I've never met your family before. What if they hate me? What if they think I'm a bad infulence?" I begin rambling on and on about what could happen when I meet his parents. I have always had extreme issues with anxiety. He shakes his head.

"You'll be fine." He says. I shake my head.

"What if you're wrong?" I say letting go of his hand and looking at him. "What if they absolutely hate my guts." He pulls over and turns to look at me. I stare at the floor embarrassed of my freak out.

"B, look at me. Bri, Brianna come on." He puts his index finger under my chin and pulls my face up to look at him.

"What?" I ask looking him in the eyes. He gazes into my eyes and I see a glint of admiration in his eyes.

"You are beautiful and smart and so kind. I am in love with every part of you. That alone will be enough for my family. Trust me, they will love you." I nod and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry about my freak out." He kisses the top of my head and pats the back of my head.

"I have to. I can't let my beautiful girl friend think less of herself." I smile and kiss him.

"I love you, so much." I whisper in his ear. He kisses me and puts his lips right next to my ear I shiver as his lips lightly brush my ear.

"I love you too, B." He kisses my jawbone and then my down my neck his hands tightly wrapped around my waist. He pulls me closer to him. and continues to kiss me. I put my hands on his chest.

"Miles we have to stop." He continues to kiss me. "Miles, come on." He kisses my lips and when we pulls back he looks at me and kisses me one more time.

"You're right. We can't do this here." He pulls back onto the road. "Later." He assures me and I laugh. He takes my hand and he continues towards his parents' house, kissing my hand occasionally. We listen to the radio the rest of the way there.

"We're here." Miles says as we pull up to a driveway. The house is light blue with a gray roof. There is a huge green lawn with several bushes in front of the house. There is white framing on the edges of the roof, windows, doors, and drain pipes. There is a big white porch surrounding the front steps. We pull up to the right side of the house where there are already 3 cars. We get out of the car and he grabs my hand as we walk towards the front door.

"I'm still nervous." I say as we reach the front door. He turns to face me and I turn to him. He hugs me and pulls back just enough to see my face.

"It'll be fine. Trust me." He says. I nod and he leans in and kisses me. He wraps his arms around his waist pulling me closer to him and I wrap my arms around his neck. I'm on my tip toes and he is leaning down. Suddenly the front door opens and the light from the inside of the house shines down on us. We pull back, still wrapped in each others arms. I look and see that Miles' two sisters are watching us. My cheeks heat up and I pull away from him staring intensly at the white wooden floorboards of the porch.