Chapter 15

Levi's POV

I have to admit, the headache I woke up with put a bit of a downer on things. 

I groaned as I rolled over in bed, blearily rubbing my eyes and looking at the clock on my bedside table. 9:08 am displayed itself across the screen and I turned back over to lay on my back, throwing my left arm over my eyes to block out the light coming in from the window. 

My mind was practically blank as I willed the pain to go away. That is, until I remembered that I had a date with Jay later. We hadn't had much time to spend alone lately, not that I really minded having Riley and Spencer around with us, but I did wish we could have a little time to ourselves. When I found out Jay felt the same way, we decided to have Riley watch Spencer for a day so we could just hang out. I was to meet him at his house around noon so we could spend the rest of the day, and hopefully the night, together. 

After another moment or two of procrastinating movement, I decided it was worth it to at least get a coffee and some Advil. I puttered my way downstairs, squinting at how bright the kitchen light was. 

"And a good morning to you," Riley yelled. 

"Too loud," I groaned, glancing up at him. He held a glass of water and the bottle of Advil. 

"Take these," he said with a smug little smirk, holding them out to me then jerked his head in the direction of the kitchen table. "Then go sit with your son. There's a plate of eggs and a coffee waiting for you."

"A god among men." I muttered, taking the bottle and glass before plopping in the seat next to Spencer's high chair. 

Riley gave a snort before returning to the sink to continue washing the dishes. I popped the Advil into my mouth, washing them down with the water before digging into the eggs. I hadn't realized how hungry I was before I had food staring me in the face. 

As I washed down another bite of egg with a sip of coffee, Riley spoke up again, looking over his shoulder. "So when's your date with Mr. Hottie?" 

I sputtered a little on the coffee before wiping my mouth with my arm and looking up at him. "Mr. What-now?"

Riley smirked at me over his shoulder before returning his attention to the dishes. "You know what I mean. When are you meeting up with Jay?"

I stared at him for another second before rolling my eyes and returning to my breakfast. "I'm going to his place at noon. I'm not sure how long I'll be with him, but I might stay the night if that's alright with you."

"Yeah, of course," he said as he shut the sink off. He turned, drying his hands on the towel that hung on the oven handle to the right of the sink. He looked at me with a smile. "Spencer and I are bros, we will be fine. Go have fun with your man."

I smiled at him before returning to my breakfast, polishing the rest off quickly before washing my own dish. I plucked Spencer out of his highchair and sat with him in the living room, watching him play with The Wiggles on in the background. 

The closer it got to noon, the more nervous and excited I got.  While we had grown closer to each other over these last few weeks, I was still a little nervous about seeing him. Even though he practically knew my life story at this point, we had only known each other for, what? A month? I really, really liked him and, to be honest, at this point, I don't know what I'd do if he broke up with me. 

I shook my head, trying to get rid of those thoughts. Everything was going well, he wasn't going to break up with me. I headed upstairs to change, quickly rifling through all of my clothes before settling on a black band tee and a pair of dark wash jeans. I stopped quickly in the bathroom, running a hand through my hair to get it to sit properly. Peering through the open bathroom doorway and into my room, I noticed the clock read 11:40 am so I decided, to head to his place a little early.