Chapter 6

Levi

When I got into my house, I fell against the door, smiling so wide my face hurt. I kissed Jay. I couldn't keep the giggle of happiness from slipping through my lips.

Kissing him was amazing. Granted, he was a couple inches taller than me so I had to step up on my tiptoes but that didn't make it any less perfect. His body felt amazing against mine and he was so warm. We fit together like puzzle pieces and the feeling of his lips on mine was indescribable.

I hurried to go sit on the couch and call my friend, Jackson when I noticed Riley and Spencer. 

The TV was softly playing Blue's Clues while Riley sat on the couch, holding a sleeping Spencer to his chest. Upon further inspection, I realized Riley was asleep too. 

As I gently pulled Spencer out of Riley's arms to put him in his crib, Riley woke up.

"Hey, I'm gonna put him in his room." I whispered. "You can head up to your room too."

He nodded drowsily and followed me up the stairs. "The date go okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it went great." I smiled and stopped in the doorway of Spencer's room and looked at him. "We can talk about it more in the morning, you look exhausted. Good night." I said.

"Night," He said, passing me to the stairs that lead to the attic, which he claimed as his room after Spencer was born. 

"I love you," I said to his back as he ascended the stairs. My heart broke a little as he shut the door behind him without a word in return. 

After putting Spencer to bed, I finally got to call Jackson, who was probably the closest friend I had. We worked together and had become fairly close, close enough for me to call him to gush about my date with Jay. 

So that's what I did, I told him everything. The whole time I talked to him I couldn't get the smile off my face, nor could I stop my heart from beating wildly in my chest. After I gushed about Jay, I let Jackson talk about his girlfriend Lyla. They've been dating for three years and Jackson has been talking about possibly proposing. It makes me really happy that he's so happy with her because he's such a great person, he deserves it. 

After about twenty more minutes of chatter, I ended the call and headed to bed with only Jay running through my thoughts, putting a smile on my face.

*******

"Riley!" I yelled up to my brother. "Spence and I are heading over to Mrs. Connolly's for dinner. Are you coming?"

"No." He yelled back from his room.

I sighed, feeling that weighted sensation on my heart again, the one I got every time I felt Riley pulling away. It hurt so much but I let it go, hoping it was just a phase he would grow out of. 

I packed Spencer into the car, listening to his babble which made me smile. As I drove, I glanced in my rear view mirror to watch him every once in awhile. I can honestly say that Spencer has been the best thing to ever happen to me. He has gotten me through so much because just looking at his smile or hearing his babble or laughter can lift the weight of any sadness, even if only for a second. 

When we finally reached Ruby's house, I lifted Spencer out of his seat and hugged him to me. "I love you, Spencer," 

After I spoke, Spencer wrapped his little arms around my neck and said, "I wuv you, Da." I couldn't keep the smile off my face, even when he squirmed so I would put him down. We walked hand in hand up to the door and knocked. A couple of seconds later, Ruby opened the door and instantly waved us in, gushing about how happy she was to see us.