Chapter 8

Levi

After a long, emotionally tiring day, one would think I would fall asleep easy, but that was not the case and I knew why. Jay.

Jay, Spencer, and I had spent the day watching Disney movies since he hasn't seen any. By the time Spencer had fallen asleep to a movie, it was 10:45 and Jay was basically falling asleep against me.

"Jay," I whispered. He hummed in response, picking his head up off my shoulder and gazing at me sleepily. "Spencer fell asleep so I'm going to bring him up to bed. It's almost eleven so you can stay in the guest room. I don't want you driving home while you're this tired." He nodded and we both lifted ourselves off the couch. I grabbed Spencer off of his blue blanket on the floor and carried him upstairs with Jay following close behind.

I turned quickly into Spencer's room at the top of the stairs and I placed him in his crib. I flicked on his night light and turned to find Jay standing in the doorway, smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile back as I strode toward him.

He moved out of the way so I could shut Spencer's door before I spoke again. "So guest room is right through that door," I said, pointing straight ahead of me. "And the bathroom is the door at the bottom of the stairs over there." I said pointing to my left.

He nodded. "Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow morning then." He smiled sleepily.

I nodded and smiled, blushing since I didn't know what to do next.

"Good night," Jay whispered as he backed up toward the guest room.

"Night," I whispered back, waiting until he shut the door before proceeding to my room, which was right next to his.

Now, after about fifteen minutes, I laid in bed, unable to fall asleep. I longed for Jay's arms to be wrapped around me and his heat to warm me to my very core. And in that moment, my desires overtook logic and I made my way out of my room with the baby monitor in my hand. I slipped quietly into the guest room whispering, "Jay, are you awake?"

For a second, he didn't move, which immediately deflated my confidence, but he eventually sat up.

"Yeah, I'm up. Are you okay?" He whispered.

I immediately blushed, realizing it was probably stupid coming here. I hoped he couldn't see my flushed cheeks in the darkness of the room. "Yeah, I just, uh, couldn't sleep. I shouldn't have come." I hung my head and made a move to turn and leave when his voice stopped me.

"No, it's okay. I couldn't sleep either." He paused for a couple moments as I stood frozen. "Would you maybe wanna, like, stay here? You, um, don't have to." I saw his head tilt downwards and it was too dark but I could've sworn he was trying to hide a blush.

My heart rate picked up as I responded with a, "Yes," and started walking over. I slid into the bed on Jay's left side and settled so I was facing him. He had lain facing me as well and we kind of just gazed in each other's eyes with smiles on our faces for a couple moments before I spoke.

"You know, the reason I couldn't sleep was because I wasn't comfortable in there alone. After spending all day in your arms, I just couldn't get warm enough on my own." I whispered.

When Jay turned his gaze down, blushing with a small smile on his face, I just couldn't help myself. I kissed him. And not a sweet kiss either because Jay blushing was really fucking hot.

I seemed to have taken him by surprise as he instantly gasped against my lips, but when my tongue brushed against his lips, the gasp turned into a light moan.

Jay's lips were delectable. The warmth and softness of them sent tingles through my entire body and spurred me to deepen the kiss. As my tongue swept throughout his mouth, I pushed myself up and on top of him. He moved underneath me to lay on his back and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me down into his chest.