Chapter 12

Jameson

Waking up next to Levi will never get old. Over the number of sleepovers we have had so far, however, I haven't woken up before him. Of course, waking up to Levi smiling down at me has been an amazing way to start the day, but nothing can compare to this. Throughout the night, we had managed to move ourselves so I was lying on my back with Levi snuggled up on the right side of my body. His head was resting on my chest so that his hair just barely brushed my chin and his legs were tangled up with mine. I had wrapped my arm around his body, hugging him to me even in sleep. The light sound of his breathing threatened to lull me back to sleep, however I didn't want to give up this moment.

Back in Maine, I could only dream of living in a moment like this. Most nights throughout my adolescence I spent in tears, wishing to someday find a place where I felt like I belonged, to find a pair of arms to fall asleep in. I would cry myself to sleep, only to wake up more tired than I had been before I fell asleep.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, just letting myself feel the warm, comfortable weight of Levi against my chest, the light puffs of Levi's breath hitting my face, the overwhelming sense of belonging assaulting my entire being. Laying like this with Levi felt so right. I had never felt so calm and secure in my skin before this moment and not even Levi's phone alarm blaring could ruin it.

Levi himself shifted on my chest, pressing his face further into my body so he could pull his left arm out from underneath his body to reach over to the bedside table on his side. He grabbed his phone with a groan pulling it to him while flopping his body over into a position more comfortable for checking his phone. He laid on his back next to me, his head pillowed on my right arm as he shut off the alarm before looking up at me.

My god, he is even more adorable when he's all sleepy, I couldn't help but think.

"I'm sorry," he said, rubbing his eyes with the hand not holding his phone to his chest. "Did I wake you? Go back to sleep, you still have a couple hours before you have to be up for work."

He didn't take his eyes off me as I replied, "And miss being able to eat breakfast with my adorable boyfriend before seeing him off to work, no, thank you." He blushed at my comment and I smiled. "And don't worry, I woke up a couple of minutes before your alarm went off."

"Okay, but I wanna cuddle for a couple more minutes." He mumbled, rolling back over and burying his face into my shoulder.

"Okay," I laughed, wrapping my arm around his shoulders placing a chaste kiss on his head.

"You smell good," he sighed against me after a couple moments of silence.

"Oh, yeah?" I asked, smiling down at him. "What do I smell like exactly?"

"Mm, I don't really know. It's hard to place. Something like rain and boy." He mumbles, snuggling further into my chest.

"Rain and boy? Well, then. You smell like..." I buried my nose in his hair and took a long, dramatic whiff. "Hmmm, your lemon shampoo and pine," I say, smiling brightly down at him.

His brows furrow before his head tilts up to look at me. "Lemon and pine? Isn't that a weird combination?" He asks.

"What, like rain and boy isn't a weird combination?" I tease.

"Hey, it's not a weird combination! They smell really good together!" He protests.

"Okay, okay!" I laugh, tightening my grip around his shoulders to pull him closer to me, my lips brushing his hair. "I believe you, darling."

"Darling?" He asks, quietly and I blush lightly. "I like it," he whispers against my chest.

I smile brightly as he looks up at me and I take in his cheeks, dusted pink and his bright blue eyes, softened with sleep and an emotion I can't quite put my finger on.