Chapter Twenty-Five : Worth Fighting For

Steve sighed soundly as his eyes scanned the old photo of Peggy. Addison left a picture from one of the files, and framed it for his viewing. Once the morning came, Steve woke up to her picture on his table, along with one of Grace. Addison left a small note, stating she "stole" the picture of Peggy from the files, and got the picture of Grace from Phil Coulson. Both were framed and set by his bed side table, so that every morning, he would wake up and the first thing he would see, were the special women in his life. Also, by his small old fashion table, was his uniform, from the time he had joined the army. Besides the suit, Steve would wear the formal uniform when off duty. Closed up in a glass case, it looked clean and well pleated, as if he had never stepped foot in the clothing.

 Steve never felt like a hero, though many treated him like one. He felt others behind him, were not given the credit they truly deserved. Without his amazing team of men, Captain America wouldn't be called a hero. He hated how the credit was given all to him, but Steve felt helpless. The work was all done by his team, and Steve just seemed like the attraction of the plan. All the heavy-lifting was done by them, not him. Many memories washed over him, also sending him a thought about his star spangled uniform. Surprisingly, his old fashioned uniform wasn't around in his apartment, and in order for him to go out to get Erik, the uniform was a key part in that plan.

 The whereabouts of Erik was unknown to SHIELD for a moment. Addison told Steve that every one of their tracking devices can't seem to find a trace of the man. Either he disappeared from the radar, or he disguised himself with extreme abilities that he could no longer be recognized as Erik Romerv. Steve opened up the SHIELD laptop and replayed the footage he had seen last night. A guilty kind feeling washed over Steve, as he watched several of the brave men who worked behind him, but their names weren't mentioned once during the video.  

 After, the death of Dr. Erskine, the experiment that becomes a success, couldn't be duplicated. The footage before him showed a black and white video of several scientists discussing between themselves. Steve often wondered how he came to be, becoming the world's first super soldier, turning his world upside down. Though, it brought much joy to his life, it also brought some pain, after losing his best friend, Bucky. Probably, in the midst of the many files of SHIELD, stamped across Bucky's file, were the words, Deceased, like many others.

 Addison burst into his room, her face showing off a sign Steve didn't seem to like. Before she spoke, it took her a while to catch her breath, as Steve took that time to close the laptop and listen to any news Addison would bring.

 "Steve, its Grace." She huffed.

 Steve raised from his seat, suddenly alarmed, "What about her? Is she alright?"

 "It's Erik. He's got her." She cried.

 Steve's heart skipped a beat, as Addison opened up the laptop and directed to the tracking device. Unlike many of the other tries, Erik was found and both matched, alongside was a brunette who was following him shallowly.

 "Wow, all this time, we never found him. Now, he seems like he doesn't want to be hidden." Addison inquired.

 "He's luring us." Steve commented.

 "We have to be careful, Captain. I know he has Grace, but we have to be cautious."

 Addison nodded in reply, "We have to suit up."

 "One problem, I kind of, need a suit."

 "Right! We provided you a temporary uniform for the moment, Agent Coulson is not quite finished with the uniform modifications."

 "And, the shield?" Steve added.

 "Going to be good as new." Addison remarked, "Follow me; I'll take you to your temporary uniform."