Chapter Twenty-Two : Change Nothing

• Dedicated to Fayeswonderland @ TDA (:

 Sean couldn't hold back his pouring tears any longer. He left the dinner table to prevent them from falling. Sean didn't like when people see him cry, made him feel weak and more awkward around people. He shut himself away in his room, plugging in his earphones and turning the music on blast. Letting the music drain away the world and his problems, the lyrics of the music echoing into his ear. Grace, Steve, friendship thoughts were all out as Sean laid sprawled across the bed. He could hear the laughs of Grace coming from the kitchen. The sound of her laughs rang through his ears and also made his heart skip a couple beats. A sudden pity feeling came over him, instead of Steve with her, it would be himself instead. After a few minutes of music, Sean decided to walk out. The kitchen was quiet and the table was cleaned, Grace, Addison, and Steve gone.

 No sound of whispers were heard, the lights outside was off. Where did they go? Sean ignored the thought as he wrapped his jacket around himself. It was still raining outside, so Sean decided to bring an umbrella along. He took off toward the big city light's direction with music still playing. With his hoodie shielding him from the cold, rain drops, his eyes let out small rain drops off his own.

 They say we don't fit together. And I could do better, there's always something.

 The music blasted nearby, a slow mellow song, something Sean wanted to hear. He released his ear phones and listened closely to the song that played. He walked by the place where it was being played. The bar attracted many people, all dressed in crazy, skimpy clothing. Sean took a quick curious peek inside, trying his best to adjust to the dark lighting in the room. Couples all around the bar, slow dancing with their partners, giving Sean another heartbroken feeling. The song Sean heard before was still playing in the background. Suddenly, he was pulled by the arm and into the lap of a woman.

 He felt her smooth, metallic almost like material of her dress, as he fixed his clumsy position. His face grew a color of red, which no one could really tell because of the dark lighting. The arm that grabbed him the moment before, gave him another slap and flick.

 "Hey dude, you here with anyone?" The female asked.

 "Uh, no. I'm just looking—" Sean was suddenly thrown into her arms, as she catches a quick breath before fixing his arms around her small waist.

 The smell of alcohol disgusted Sean as he held his breath between the breaks of the dances. The woman flashed a sexy like smile deep in the dark, as she curled her lips slightly before him. His stomach churned as she licked her lips and took another sip of her drink. The fifth one since the beginning of the dance.

 Sean was stuck, dancing with a drunken woman he didn't know, and now she might be having thoughts of moving the moment. Better to escape now, before it was too late. He politely excused himself and gave her a reason for his absence. Pulled the classic, I need to go to the restroom trick. The woman pouted for a little bit, but released her strong grip before sipping another round.

 After waiting for a few minutes, Sean managed to escape from the bar and the woman. He never understood the idea of having a bar, after being the goody, good boy throughout his years. Sean was a good kid, never drank or stole any items. With that thought in mind, he continued his walk down the city. Sean felt lonely, and wanted to take the time to visit his mother. His mother would be proud of Sean, and for finding a woman he would like to spend his life with. That is, if she loved him back.

 It was just like those cheesy romance novels his mother used to read from time to time. There's only one girl and two guys falling in love with her. The girl has to choose one, the one she truly loves. Sean remembered how his mother would constantly talk about her personal favorite and about hundred reasons why the woman should choose her guy instead of the other. If Sean told her about his situation now, would she bet on who would win Grace's heart? The answer was obvious, clearly Steve won. What should Sean do now? Give up?

 Give up? The Ross Family never gives up!

 Sean took another deep breath and walked further into the city. Nearby, he heard screams and cries coming from a dark alley. The scream pierced Sean's ears as it continued to ring. His adrenaline pushed him through, his body receiving heat from his movement. The cries continued, and Sean was close by the area.

 "No, please don't!"

 Sean barged in, running into a large, dark figure. A plan would have been nice for Sean to have, before running into someone twice his size.  Both of the men fell on the cold, hard ground, as the large one stumbled to his feet. Sean look behind, seeing the same woman from the bar before. Her honey blonde hair was tangled, filled with bits of dirt; Sean also took a glance at her extremely small dress that glimmered brightly because of the city light. Distracted by his sightings, he was instantly thrown across the alley ground. Pain struck his back and he felt a small drop of liquid from his forehead.

 The woman from the bar ran to his rescue, covering her body over him to defend. The large man came to a stop as his eyes looked at the gesture being displayed. Sean wiped the blood from his mouth as the large man walked off, giving them both dirty looks.

 "I'm sorry. You shouldn't have done that." The woman apologized.

 Her voice was different, clearer from before. First impression was a bit off, and now this woman saved his life.

 "You were in trouble." Sean argued.

 "Yeah, but I could take care of him myself?" She paused as she gathered her napkins to wipe his wound, "I'm Irene by the way."

 "Sean. I think you accidentally grabbed me at the bar." He introduced.

 "I did? Oh my gosh, I was so somber at the time." She let out a small laugh.

 Sean smiled weakly before wincing at the pain that came from his stomach. The feeling felt like knives piercing through him, as he struggled to get back on his feet. Irene wrapped his right arm around her, and supported him as they both continued to walk. One arm holding her high heeled shoes along with his waist, how could this woman manage to do all this?

 "Let's take a cab. Tell the driver your address." She suggested.

 They entered into a taxi cab, Sean did what he was told, and they were off to his house. The same song that had played in the bar, aired on the radio. He watched Irene turn awkwardly, hiding away her embarrassment from their strange meeting.

  Should've shut my mouth and kept it all to myself.

A/N : Finally an upload ! First week of school was this week , I survived high school guises , & seriously you guys are the best ! Thank you for understanding the lack of uploads I would usually make , I'm going to try my best to upload this weekend ! So , Irene ? What do you guys think about her ? (;