Chapter 16: What Happen That Night?

x~X~x

Three months have passed since the third prince of the country, Prince Donovan, betrayed his family and tried to kill his younger brother, Prince Daniel, and his personal butler, Adrian. Right after the incident both the prince and the butler were rushed to the hospital wing of the castle and the third prince was arrested.

Two months after his surgery Prince Daniel was walking around the castle almost with ease, with the help of crutches. He still went on with his daily duties as the prince, but every single night, without fail, he would go to the hospital wing and sleep alongside his comatose lover.

Tonight is the same.

x~X~x

Daniel is slowly making his way down the hall once more this night to sleep near the man that he loves. After the surgery was completed everyone was expecting him to wake up within the next two days, during those two days Daniel never left Adrian's side and when he overheard the doctors telling Adrian's family that they don't know when he'll wake up, he was heartbroken.

After that day he started to do any work that he could do while he was still bedridden, wanting to take his mind off the fact that he might never see Adrian smile again at him, or push him out of the way of a falling bookshelf. Daniel smiles to himself at the memory as he reaches the door to Adrian's room. He slowly pushes the door open and even more slowly makes his way to his chair in the room.

He sits in his chair and his long white sleep top pools onto of his white sleep pants. The moonlight from the waning moon shines into the room, illuminating Adrian's features. Daniel can't see what he looks like under the blanket, but he knows that it's worse than what his face and arms look like. His skin is pale as death himself, and he knows that Adrian is much skinnier than what he was before the attack happened. He hates seeing him like this, hates seeing him look like death and like he'll never wake up again.

Small, wet, droplets hit Adrian's and Daniels intertwined hands. That's when Daniel realizes that he is crying for a man that he doesn't even know if he loves him back.

"How did you do this to me? How did I fall for you in such a short time?" Daniel is whispering to himself, "Can you please wake up soon so I can have your answer and so I can also apologize." Daniel lays his head down on the bed, closing his eyes letting sleep take him over.

x~X~x

The moon is still shining into the room when a pair of green eyes finally open after struggling to open for the past few minutes. The eyes stare up at the ceiling of the room that they are in, trying to remember what all happened and when he does finally remember what all happened he sits up quickly, waking up and startling the man that was sleeping with his hand intertwined with his.

But all that is running through Adrian's mind is that he needs to save Daniel and tell everyone what Donovan is up to in the castle, although he doesn't get very far. The I.V that was in his arm pulled at the tube and then the metal pole that it was attached to, but that didn't stop him one bit until he tried to walk to the door. His feet hit the floor and the second he tried to take a step his body gave out on him and he started to fall.

x~X~x

Daniel had woken up before Adrian had even opened his beautiful green eyes, his hand had started to squeeze his hand hard enough that it had woken him up. His hope had grown to new heights and he stood, looking at Adrian's face watching as he tried to open his eyes. His eyes had open and he could see Daniel, but he wasn't looking at anything that was in his line of vision. Suddenly he had stood up, ripping his hand free of Daniel's grip.

Daniel was quick to rush to the other side of the bed and catch Adrian as he started to fall, and hold him in an embrace.

"No! I won't let you hurt Daniel!" Adrian's weak hands form into fists and start beating on Daniel's chest and arms.

"Shh. Adrian, it's me. Daniel."

Daniel whispers these things into Adrian's ear while letting him continue to beat on him.

x~X~x

It takes a while, but eventually, Adrian calms down enough to take in his surroundings. He first looks at the chest of the man that was holding him in place, then he realizes that he is not in the room that he was last in. He slowly looks up and the second that his eyes make contact with those familiar hazel ones, the tears start to build up.

"D-Daniel?" Adrian's voice is horse, shaky, and full of emotion, "Is that really you?" He reaches and puts his hand on Daniel's cheek, both their tears finally spilling out from their eyes and wetting their cheeks.

"Yes, it's really me." Daniel leans into Adrian's touch and covers his hand with his own.

"How - what - Donov-" Adrian couldn't decide what he wanted to say so he was going to say something about Donovan and his plan to kill both of them and then the rest of the family, but he was cut off by the door to the room being opened.

x~X~x

The following morning.

"So that's all that happened." Adrian is sitting up in his hospital bed with a tray of food on his lap. Daniel had just finished explaining what all had happened after he found Adrian in his brother's room and what happened all around the castle.

Adrian takes another bite of his oatmeal. "Hey, can I see your scar?"

The question came out of nowhere and it shocked Daniel.

"Why would you want to see mine? I am sure that you have plenty of your own to look at, like this one," Daniel points to a scar that leads from the corner of his lip all the way to his chin, that was given to him from the fight three months ago.

"Because I just want to see it." That's all the explanation that anyone would get from Adrian.

Daniel just sighs to himself, knowing that's all he would get from him. He stands up to his full height and begins to unbutton his sleep shirt. He shrugs it off his shoulder and turns his back to Adrian so he can see the inch or so long scar from where he was stabbed.

Adrian moves his breakfast to the end of the bed and reaches over and starts to run his fingers lightly over the scar and the surrounding skin. A strange redness makes its way onto Daniels' face.

"He got stabbed to save me," Adrian whispers this more to himself not even meaning to say it out loud to the other man in the room with him.

"Of course I did," Daniel turns to face a still weak Adrian, "you had been through hell itself by the time I found you, I didn't want anything else to happen to you. So when my brother went to hit you once more I got in the way and then Diego stabbed me."

"Was there anything important happening that night? I don't really remember that night, it's all kind of hazy."

Daniel looks a little surprised. He doesn't remember that night?

"You don't remember anything from that night?"

"No, not really. The last thing that I can remember is that we were preparing for something that night." Adrian puts his hand on his chin, trying to remember what all happened that night.

Daniel is lost in his thoughts. If he doesn't remember that night then that means that he doesn't remember him kissing him. Guess he'll have to change that.

While Adrian is lost in his own thoughts Daniel reaches over and with one hand on Adrian's cheek, he pulls him into a kiss. The kiss isn't deep at all, instead, this kiss is filled with all the emotions that Daniel has been feeling for a while, it also doesn't last that long. The kiss ended as quickly as it had started and as soon as it had ended Daniel was leaving the room.

Adrian was so shocked by what just happened that he didn't even notice that Daniel had left the room.

x~X~x