Chapter 11: Invitation

x~X~x

My sister must really like the video. It's barely begun and she is already watching it intensely, watching for any mistake that would show that this video is a fake. All the video is showing is me showing up for work on time and making the delivery of breakfast and lunch to the royal family, then the video would transition to me fighting with Amelia in the training yard. Erik must have had a video camera in one of his buttons to be showing this, and Amelia must have asked someone to film us while we were training. 

Mom would gasp every time I would fall down and Amelia would pin me and hold the sword over my heart, while Dad would pump his fist in disappointment that I failed again. After about two-three day's worth of my training, Amelia paused the video. 

"That was him during the first few days of him being there training under us both, the next segment is during the last three day's before we graduated him to being the personal butler of the fourth prince." 

She sat back down and resumed the video. The screen cut to black for a few seconds then cut back in to show me walking down the hall. This me was better built and just seemed more mature and manly. Amelia paused the video on this me, "And that's him after six months worth of work-outs and training under my command." she resumes the video. 

During the butler part, that is much shorter than the weapons training, it shows me taking lead and giving everyone their breakfast and lunch. My mother seems amazed at how much I had changed in the six-month span. 

"I could have graduated him much sooner, but because he needed to have completed the weapons training also, I couldn't let him be on his own just yet." Erik's voice is quiet so not to disturb the room. 

The screen darkens, and in big text across the screen it reads, "Final Test". Amelia pauses it, and my sister groans. 

"Anything that you want to say about this next scene, Adrian?" 

I ponder for a moment then say, "Yes, I do." I look Amelia dead in the eyes, "I had welts and bruises for weeks because of all the swords that hit me. At one point I thought I had a concussion." My mother just gasps at me and she gets a look like she wants to hide me away and not let me go back to work.

"That's your fault for not changing into some light armor." She just shrugs her shoulders.

"I didn't have time to do any of that, you had me surrounded as soon as I walked into the training yard!" I retaliate back, "Play the video, it'll show that I'm right." I fall deeper into the couch and huff as the video is resumed again. 

The video starts right as I walk into the yard, showing me and Erik walking next to each other. Then it pans over to show Amelia standing there, it shows that she's saying something then everyone comes out surrounds me. It shows me sheading off the coat and shirt that I was wearing and then a wooden sword getting tossed at me. After a few seconds of stillness, the fight began. 

x~X~x

"I can't believe that my, weak, pathetic, brother took down all those people." My sister says as the video is paused on the image of me standing over all the people that are still knocked out from fighting me and the others that had woken up and moved out of the way. 

"I can't believe that you didn't get any medical attention after that fight." My mother begins to wack at me lightly to show that she doesn't like what I have been doing. Amelia waves the remote in the air, drawing all of our attention.

"There is more. The next part shows him saving the prince's life." We all immediately silence ourselves and turn the T.V. and Amelia plays the video for the last time. 

It only shows mine and the prince's back as we were walking out of the library. It shows the shelf beginning to fall forward and then me shoving the prince out of the way, the video changes perspectives and shows me, now trapped, under the shelf. The video cuts out and I'm am grateful that it does, I didn't want my family seeing the rest of that 

"Wow. So you really did save the prince." I would reply to my sister, but I was in the middle of taking a drink of water. I must have taken to long to reply because she tips the water bottle up to the point that all of the contents spill out all over my shirt. 

"What the heck!" I throw the now empty bottle at her and begin to take off the shirt so my undershirt doesn't get wet. 

"Now I have an excuse to see if those muscles under that shirt are real." She laughs at my rush. I finish taking off the shirt and throw it at her. The shirt doesn't hit her, but it does hit a hand that has blocked her face. 

"You two act super childish, you" Amelia looks to my sister, "take his shirt and hang it up to dry and get him a new shirt to wear." My sister stands, hesitantly, and takes off to my room. "Now you," Amelia looks me in the eyes, "you had no need to provoke her." I just have a stare down with her, until Dad breaks it apart.

"Dang. Adrian, I had no clue that you were the one that had saved the prince's life." He feels the muscles that I have on my back and then feels down my arms a little way. "Or that you could have ever been so buff in your life. I thought that you would have stayed small and scrawny your whole life." He slaps me on my back. 

My sister comes back and throws the shirt at me, I catch it and put it down in my lap. I wave her over to me and she just begins to poke at me, then pinching me trying to find any make-up line that she could peel away.

"Well, I guess you really are buff as heck." She goes back to her seat and falls down in it. 

"We have something to give to the family of Adrian before we start getting too excited over seeing him after so long." Erik stops us all from talking to each other at once. He reaches into his coat and pulls out the paper that the Queen had written on and gives it to my mother. 

"This is - but - Why?" My mother holds the paper in front of her eyes, my sister and Dad join her in looking at the paper. They begin to freak out also, my Dad grabbing the paper and re-reading it a few times before handing it off to my sister. 

"Adrian. What the heck is this?" She holds the paper in front of my face so I can see it. The Queen is inviting my whole family to the fourth prince's 21st birthday party.

x~X~x