Chapter 10: What's on the disc?

x~X~x

Erik and I find Amelia in the training yard, big shocker there, training some of the newer soldiers. Though we she sees us she stops and says something to someone else and they take over the class. 

"Heya stranger," she pulls me into a hug, "I haven't seen you in forever." 

"It's good to see you to Amelia, now can you let me go you smell really bad." 

"I'm hurt," she moves a hand over her heart, "I don't smell that bad." She pulls her armor off her chest just a little way and smells. "Never mind, I do smell really bad. What was it that you both came down here for?" 

Erik hands her the paper, "Adrian here wants to see his family while there are looking at his house." 

She hands the paper back to Erik, "Let me shower and change, then we can get going." 

I follow Erik as he leads me to the garage that's just behind the training grounds. 

"Why is Amelia coming with?" I question him as he sits on a bench in the garage. 

"That's because I don't have a license and you can't drive yourself." I stare at him in shock, why wouldn't he have one. "I haven't needed to drive anywhere since I took this job, all the things that I need are either here or are brought to me."

"Don't let him tell you that," Amelia walks in the back door with a key in her hand, "He's just so old now that he needs someone to drive him around." 

"Although I'm not too old that I couldn't take you over my knee and spank you." Erik gives her a death glare. 

"I'm shaking in my boots." She walks to the black car that's right next to us.

We all get in when Erik leans over to me and says to me, "What would I have to give you to kick her butt for me?" 

"I heard that Erik." She glares at him through the rear-view mirror. 

"I know you did, I made sure that I said just loud enough for you to hear me." I see her stick her tongue out at him. 

We make it outside of castle rounds when she asks me, "So, I have no clue where you live so you're going to have to give me instructions." I just smile at her. 

x~X~x

We pull into the neighborhood and slowly drive down the roads, I point out my house and it looks like my family is already there. Amelia pulls into the drive-way and quickly shuts off the car and goes to the trunk to gather my crutches. I can't see anything yet, but I can hear the front door open. I open my door and Amelia helps me get out. I turn to see that Erik is talking to my father, Amelia shuts the car door and locks it. 

I see a set of green eyes run past Dad and run into me. I fall to the ground and I hear my cast hit the ground and then I feel the pain in my leg. I hear the sound of Amelia drawing her sword out of its sheath, I quickly say something to prevent a death in the middle of my yard. 

"Sis, I missed you too, but I kinda broke my leg a while back and it just it the ground hard. So get off of me." I don't wait for her to move off of me and I just roll her off of me. I sit up and grip at my leg. 

"Geez, you really did get strong." The owner of the tomboyish voice doesn't even sound like they care that they just hurt their brother. 

"Come on Adrian." Amelia offers me her hand and helps me up while Erik grabs my crutches from the ground and hands them to me. 

"Adrian?" I hear my Mom's sweet, soft voice cut through the mini chaos. 

I hobble my way up the stairs to my Mom, her blue eye's shining with tears that are threatening to flow. She gets emotional very easy, so I give her the first real hug. 

"Heya Mom." She pulls away just enough to take in my appearance when she notices my injury she pulls away all the way. 

"You're hurt, come inside and rest up," she puts a hand on my cheek, "let mama take care of you." 

"He's a grown man, honey, he can tell us when he wants to sit down. Also, he can take care of himself." My father's deep voice cuts through to my Mom and she turns her attention away from me and to Dad. 

They begin to bicker with each other so I take the opportunity to get Erik and Amelia inside, I scan for my sister but she must have snuck by me and was already in the house. I use one hand and push my parents into the house, they stop fighting once we get inside the house

"So who are the other two?" I shut the door and look up to find my sister leaning against a small dividing wall. 

"I'll explain everything that I can in the living room after I get some medicine for the pain that you caused me."

"You deserve it." She shrugs.

"You know that I could kick your butt ten times over now, right?" I give her a smug smile. 

"I bet all that stuff that I saw over the video chat was fake." She slinks around the corner into the living room. I just sigh to myself and make my way to the kitchen and grab a bottle of water and take some medicine. 

"So anyone care to explain what happen?" My sister seems like she doesn't believe any of this. 

I open my mouth to say something, but Amelia beats me to it, "I can show you a video of what all happened." She pulls a disc from the inside of her coat and waves it in front of us all. 

"What kind of video is that?" I reach out to grab it but she pulls it away from me.

"You will find out soon enough." She grows a wicked grin. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to like this.

x~X~x