Chapter 5: First Day

x~X~x

I don't want to be late for my first day as the personal butler for the fourth prince, so I woke up half an hour early and to take my mind off of the task that lies ahead, I work out. I work out for an hour until 5:30, I eat, take my shower, and dress for the day. Amelia had given me my own real sword to hang at my waist and told me all the rules for carrying them. I was not allowed to even touch it unless someone that the prince doesn't know approaches him, or someone with ill intentions comes at him, I was also never allowed to raise it against anyone in the royal family. I turn to the mirror, almost the whole sword was covered by the coat except for the end of it. 

I make my way through the servant's walkway to the kitchen quickly. I ask the servant that prepared the cart of food for Prince Daniel's food tray. The news must have spread quickly because she doesn't waste any time in getting me the tray of food and ushering me out of the kitchen. 

I make it to the library right on time, I knock to announce my presence, and enter the room. The door doesn't even creak, as I walk in with the tray of food. I find Daniel right as I enter the library, his blonde hair covering his eyes and his body seems relaxed.

"Right on time. Though I would not expect anything different." he closes his book and ushers me over, "I had Erik tell me about your progress every so often. The one thing that he never failed to tell me was about how you were always on time." I set the tray down on the table in front of him and he flicks his wrist at me. I stand back behind him near a bookshelf and take in the huge room. The tall double doors that lead into the room are mainly for decoration because there are two smaller ones inside them. The room itself is about twenty feet tall and on almost every wall is a bookshelf that reaches about fifteen feet tall, there are more shelves but they only about six feet tall. 

I stand in between a wall bookshelf and a window. The prince eats in silence and when he finishes the tray he snaps his fingers and points to the tray. I use the phone that I was given for work and send a message to the kitchen, I grab the tray and put it in the servant's entrance for collection. I go back to my station watching and waiting for any order. 

When he stands up suddenly it shocks me, he has been sitting in that one spot for so long I thought that he has turned to stone. 

"I'm going to the bathroom, my lunch should be arriving soon. You may eat also." I just nod and watch him go into the bathroom. My phone buzzes and I pull it out of my pocket, my food has arrived in the servant's entrance. Then there is a knock on the door and I there is Erik with a cart of food. 

"Ah, good day sir. I have the food for the prince." He hands me the tray, then leaves. I shut the door with my foot and walk back to the table, where I set his food down. I return to my station by the window when he walks out. He sees me and sighs.

"I told you that you could eat. Grab your food, sit down and eat. You're useless to me if you don't keep your strength up." 

Well, he did order me to. I brisk walk around the bookshelves to the servant's entrance. I open the door to find a tray that has small finger sandwiches and a tall glass of water. I take the tray back to the table and sit within a reasonable length of the prince. 

"So have you decided what to do with your house?" He doesn't look at me as he eats his food, I quickly swallow my food. 

"I have an idea, although it would just be a matter of talking to them about it and telling them what happen to me." I eat another sandwich. 

"Are you referring to your sister?" 

"Yes, your Highness. My sister has always loved the city, but she had to stay out in the country to help our parents on the farm. We have never had the money to move all three of them into the city. So I think I want to give them the house." I take a drink of my water. 

"That's a good idea. Your income would be enough to support them until they can find jobs or get settled in. You can message them later today at supper if you would like." 

"May I ask you a question?" I know that I shouldn't be to talking to him, let alone ask any questions. 

"Yes, you may." He finishes his food and pushes the tray over to the side.

"Why did you want me to work as your personal butler?" 

"That is because I saw the potential in you. You had told me when we first meet that you had been bullied your whole life, I wanted to give you the change to change that. The reason for making you my butler was because I needed one." 

I finish my food, grab my tray and his tray and take them back to the servant's entrance, I buzz a button that's in the entrance for someone to come get the trays. Then I return to standing behind the prince, waiting for an order.

x~X~x