Today's Task 12: Gelato

Lily's POV

 I felt horrible.

I had just ditched Harry and ran off.

A fowl rush of nausea pulsed through me and I had to sit down on the brown love seat, stopping me from pacing around.

I heard a small thump of socked toes clip on the stairs and turned my head.

"Something eating you babe?" It was Zayn, glaring at me with big brown eyes. I smiled weakly and watched him approach me, taking a seat on the couch.

"Oh no, nothing seriously." I assured him, without out even convincing him one bit.  

 He shuffled in his spot and scooched closer to me as if to tell me something important.

"Really, what's wrong?" He grinned so wide and cheekily he had crinkles flowing from the corners of his eyes.

"I feel like I'm being rude to Harry, that's all," I said, putting it in the simplest terms possible.

I was being rude wasn't I? I had always tried to pick fights with him, I was always ready to shout an insult, I was always willing to hurt him like he was hurting me when we first met, and to top it all off, I guess I was being stupid and ran off when he suddenly decided to be nice to me. Wow, haven't I done it. Was Harry really being mean all this time or was he just picking fights to treat me like I was to him?

I scratched my head with frustration. Even more anger arose when I realized I had spoken all of my thoughts loudly, completely, out loud, in the open, and Zayn was listening to each word.

I cursed myself for letting all of my important words slip out through my lips without me even stopping it.

"Love, you shouldn't tire yourself out with all of these thoughts! But if you really want some friendly advice, you need to realize Harry's heart is softening, and you're making it that way. Good news, but remember that it's the creator of this kindness who can crush his heart the most." Zayn placed his hand on my shoulder, gave me one last look and pounced out of the living room and into the kitchen.

I frowned and yanked my weight out of my seat. I was being rude! I was helping Harry to be nicer! I was going to go and apologize!

A dramatic pep talk for someone who only wanted to give an apology.

I cursed myself again. Once more, I had spoken my words out loud.

Zayn winked at me and said one last remark as I slowly pulled the door open.

"Just go Love."

I quickly trotted down the small road, down to where Harry had taken me before. The lounge looked exactly the same, and Harry still was sitting in the small chair his large hands under his chin.

I stared at him for a short time, and then he noticed my presence, turning his head and smiling weakly.

 "Look, sorry I ran out on you like that." I blurted pulling the glass door closed behind me.

"What are you doing back here?" Harry asked kindly, though his eyes narrowed.

"Apologizing? And I kind of just did." I remarked rolling my eyes. I took a seat next to him.

"Well erm, apology accepted I guess! Wanna see what I really wanted to show you?" Harry stood up from his chair.

"I thought this was it?" I laughed with a friendly tone. 

"No not at all! I found something inside that's really cool!" He exclaimed grabbing my wrist.

He started pulling me back behind the counter. An old cash register still sat there, broken and cracked. I could just imagine how it used to be before the place became run down and unused. The people sitting at the small circular tables, ordering at the cash register, receiving whatever they sold here and enjoying themselves.