Todays Task 1: Sign the Contract

Like a famous Malik once said, just sit down and enjoy the roller coaster that is life. Over these past few years, I've found his words to be true. There are ups and of course, downs and even some little twirlies on the way sometimes. And maybe, just maybe someone who you'd never think will sit down with you and you will ride it together. And in my case that was the boys, and not showing favoritsm, Harry especially.

And here is where it all starts......

I approached my bedroom mirror once again. I was sporting the 9th outfit I had tried on. Each one just didn't fit for my plans today. I repositioned the blue blouse's collar and quickly ripped the shirt off angrily. This would never work. What was I going to do? Today's was probably the most important day in my life! I had to look the part!

I grabbed a white blouse with a fluffy collar and slid it over my head. This was probably the nicest shirt I had. I looked questioningly at myself. All I had were some worn skinny jeans to wear with this! Would it still work out? I bobbed my head and decided I would be here all day if I was that critical.

Screw this.

I slipped on my tan boots and left my now destroyed room. Celeste wasn't gonna be happy when she saw our room in total chaos.

I shifted my top once more, sighing that I was this perfectionist today.

"Lily! Will you bring Celeste with you to the city? I have to work triple shifts today and your brothers are both working too." My father hollered from his room, pushing my twelve year old sister in my direction.

"Sure Dad." I grabbed the family car keys on the counter and yanked my messenger bag from the coat rack. I ripped the little pins off of it. I couldn't look childish either.

Cel came running through the hallway to me a big toothy grin on her face.

"I can't wait to come to the city! I can't imagine how big and beautiful it is. I'm just glad you decided to go before school started! I start 7th grade in a week you know!" The twelve year old imformed me with her honey voice. I know, I thought to myself.

I'll be in the car, she mouthed closing the door behind her with a squeaky click. I cringed at the sound of it. That's how it was eveyrtime that thing closed.

My dad emerged from the hallway and slipped a big wad of money into my hand.

"It's gas money. I've been pulling money from my paycheck so you can have money for gas. I know how much it means to you that you can find work for us." He said sweetly with that raspy voice of his, pale blue eyes scintillating. I can see in his facial expression sincerity, I know how much it means to him that we are all still on his side. Even after all he had done.

I love my dad so much. He is so strong and can basically overcome whatever comes his way. With a little help though at least. And after all the things he went through, he still keeps his head up high and provides as much as he can for this family. That's why he is my hero.

"You've really been doing this for me? Are you sure?" I asked him, pulling a bruised apple from the counter. It had fallen from our apple tree.

"Of course! I'm positive! Now go out there and get your employment on." He joked, exiting the doorway, leaving me all alone. Introducing my dad, the master of cheesy jokes.

Work in this small town is really hard to find , considering we don't have any good paying jobs that we can take and of course our town is more just houses. All the shops are in the next town over. Without gas money, no driving. No driving, no next town over. No next town over, no work.

My father works at the diner, and being a high school dropout, Henry works at the lumberyard hauling wood around (which is why he has his bulky figure), and Will (also a drop-out), works at the 7/11 the only shop we have here. I miss their growing knowledge, I wish we could just gain some cash to get there educations building again. I can't stress enough that you understand our situation.