CHAPTER TEN

He closed the door and pushed me on the bed. He pinned my arms above my head and started kissing my neck.

"S-stop!" I yelled at him through my tears.

He didn't stop so I started screaming in hopes somebody would hear me. With one hand he was still holding my wrists and with the other he tried to pull my skirt down. I started kicking my legs and crying even harder.

Until my literal hero broke through the door. In a blink, Justin was on the floor and Hero was throwing punches at him. I processed what was happening and Hero stopped beating Justin.

"Hero, please, let's go home" I said. My face was stained with tears, my makeup smeared and eyes red from crying. Hero cupped my face with his hands and said: "Are you hurt?" I shook my head no.

"It's okay, I just wanna get out of here." I said and we went to Hero's car. He was holding my hand in his the whole time. He opened the car door to me and let me in, then he got in himself.

"Do you want to go home?" He asked.

"If it's not a problem, would you mind if I stay at your place? If I get home with tears, my dad will put a bullet through your heart" I said and we both laughed a little.

"It's okay. Let's go" he said and started driving. "Wanna get something for dinner?" He asked.

I was hungry, so we settled for McDonald's drive through.

We parked in Hero's garage so my dad wouldn't see the car. Although it was already half past twelve am, I know he is still awake.

We went in the house and Hero turned on the lights as I sat by the kitchen counter. We are dinner in silence.

I was looking in the air until at one moment I felt arms hugging me around the shoulders. I knew it was Hero so I leaned in his chest.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you alone" he said.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you came at the right time" I said.

"I'll give you some clothes if you want to shower." He said. I nodded and he showed me to the shower in the guest room. After my shower, I put on Hero's black shirt and basketball shorts he left for me. I went to sleep and had a nightmare.

He closed the door and pushed me on the bed. He pinned my arms above my head and started kissing my neck.

"S-stop!" I yelled at him through my tears.

He didn't stop so I started screaming in hopes somebody would hear me. With one hand he was still holding my wrists and with the other he tried to pull my skirt down. I started kicking my legs and crying even harder.

"Loren! Wake up!" Hero yelled.

I opened my eyes to see Hero sitting at the edge of my bed. He pulled me in a hug and I relaxed.

"Come on, I'll stay with you. You need sleep." He said and wrapped his arms around me and brought me closer to his chest. I fell asleep with his scent filling my nostrils.