Part 37

"Shit, forgot to call Samy"

Sid thought driving back home.

It got pretty late by the time he wrapped up the Munna case with Payal and Vali.

Payal updated him about Samy's situation and he felt better.

"I will call her first thing tomorrow. " he  convinced himself stepping towards his Apartment.

Then to his surprise his best friend showed up and they spent time talking late into the night.

He wokeup early in the morning and ran to the milk booth, opposite the Apartment complex, to get some fresh milk for the guests.

He stood in the queue for the milk, then took out his phone to call Samy to check on her.

As he was about to dial her number, his eyes caught the familiar red Audi car taking a fast turn into the Apartment complex.

For a second he froze, then panicked, realizing Samy would run into his friend at home.

"Oh Shit! Not good ..."

He jumped out of the queue and raced towards the Apartment complex,  to intercept Samy.

By the time he reached the elevator, the doors were closing with Samy inside.

He raced up the staircase. After reaching his floor, he ran to his Apartment. He could see Samy trying to say something,  then collapsing to the floor.

He pumped his lungs and ran with all his strength. He caught her before she hit the floor. He carried her inside.

"Sid! Do you know her? Who is she?" Mahira asked him.

"Fast! Bring some water .." Sid told her, ignoring her question.

Mahira brought  him a water bottle.

He sprinkled water on Samy's face.

Samy regained consciousness, but kept her eyes closed, thinking about what happened.

She then felt too embarrassed to open her eyes and face the situation.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked up.

"Wow! I am in Sid's lap. Maybe I was mistaken. As per news reports, if I  remember correctly, Mahira was dead. Damn! I am imagining things." Samy thought.

She turned her face slowly.

"Oh no! She is still here. I am seeing dead people! She must be a ghost! "

Samy closed and opened her eyes again hoping the ghost would disappear.

"Sid .. is she ok? She is fluttering her eyes. Should we call a doctor?" Mahira asked Sid.

"OMG! The ghost talks." Samy pushed deeper into Sid, holding him tightly.

Sid pulled Samy up, into a sitting position, forcing her to look at Mahira.

"Samy meet my friend Rivya. Rivya, this is my best friend and boss Samy .. Samantha." He introduced them.

"OMG! Wasn't she your fiance.. the one that ditched you?" Mahira asked Sid .. partly serious and partly laughing.

"Isn't she the girl who was your roommate and died?" Samy asked, before Mahira finished her question.

All three looked at each other.

"Mommy .. " a little boy ran into the room and hugged Mahira.

Samy looked at the boy and her brain quickly put together the coincidence - pregnant woman died. The boy's age matches the timeline.