Epilogue

4 years later

Malik's POV

"Jourdan! C'mon man we gotta go."

"Sorry daddy, let's go."

I looked over at my son with a smile on my face as I buckled him into his car seat. With each passing day he looks more and more like his mom which I'm grateful for. After his first couple of months at his grandparents house they decided it was best for me to just take full custody of him especially once I got their approval and everything with the adoption paperwork was a success. Not only was he my son emotionally and mentally but now legally too which felt nice because that meant no one could take him from me. Oscar didn't even much put up a fight considering he really can't with him being in jail and all for the accident he caused then confessed to.

After making sure he was secured in I went to the driver's seat, cranked up the music and made my way to our destination. "Daddy where are we going?"

"Well first we're going to stop by the flower shop and then make our way to visit someone special." We did this every year since the funeral and as each year passes you can tell he's less scared of the place which is a blessing to me because now it doesn't feel as rushed. It feels like we both genuinely want to be there.

***

Pulling up the cemetery I unloaded Jourdan from the car seat, grabbed the recently purchased bouquet and made my way to the burial plot. Once I got there I placed the flowers in the on the ground since the holder was being occupied by some fresh flowers.

"I wiped the tears from my eyes and just started talking from the heart and updating her on everything that's happened so far in life and how everyone is doing." After about 15 minutes Jourdan started getting antsy. "Daddy can we go now?" I nodded my head and picked him up so we could make it to the car before he could get any more grouchy. I buckled him in and made my way to the driver's side. "So how was it?" "I mean the same I guess. I know she wasn't perfect but it just sucks that she's not here anymore." "I'm sorry I know how much this means to you but after everything I just can't do it."

"Tahj it's okay, after everything she's done to you I'm not shocked nor hurt by it. I give you credit for even making the trips to the grave sight with us." I looked over at her and smiled. Despite what the doctor suggested, Tahj's parents were putting their complete faith in God and although it took an additional month she finally woke up. Missing almost 3 months of her life took a major toll on her but just like her injuries she recovered from that too. I couldn't quite say the same for my sister. The impact of the airbag caused her neck to break and just like that she was gone. Although I'm pissed at what her crazy ass did to Tahj she was still my sister and I miss her dearly. I shook myself from those thoughts and crossed over the arm rest and quickly peked her lips. The little voice from the car seat voiced his disgust. "Eww daddy." "You think it's eww that daddy is kissing mommy? That's not nice Jourdan," she said playing hurt. That didn't sway Jourdan because all he let out was a satisfied "mmhmm."

All I could do was look at my little family going back and forth and laugh. I put my hand on her stomach and rubbed our growing blessing and made our way out of the cemetery and on our way home.

And just like that I am finally done with this story. Lol took me waaaaayyyy longer than I was planning to but my priorities were elsewhere. Life update: things have been great. I finally turned 21, I graduated from college and about to start my career soon (reason why I definitely wanted to finish this book). So for everyone that actually stayed faithful to this you are truly appreciated and were the sole motivation for me to finish.

xoxo RoRo 💙