Chapter 10

Tahj Pov

Malik opened the door for me as I entered a Tahitian restaurant. I'm not too sure if he knows that spicy food and pregnant women don't mix, but I'm hungry so I'll just deal with the consequences later. We were quickly seated and our waiter took our drink orders. While we were waiting on our drinks Malik started up conversation.

Malik Pov

"So how's your relationship with Amber? I know you were saying you felt bad about going ghost on her."  For a quick second she looked confused until a moment of realization hit her. "We're actually good. slight bump in the road but we hung out last night and we should be going for lunch tomorrow." I don't know why but it's like I was more aware of her today I guess because she decided to look hella good tonight. I told this girl go change clothes not do a whole damn makeover. 

"Thats good. You decided on names for the baby yet? I knows it's pretty early but I also know how indecisive you can be." She gave me a stank look before responding. "HA HA Malik, not funny. But yea if it's a girl then Brie (Bree) and if it's a boy then Mari I just don't want people thinking its pronounced Mary." 

Before I could say anything else our waiter came over with our drinks and took our orders. When I was done telling him what I wanted I looked over to see Tahj staring at me like

I don't know if she was out of it or not but the way she was looking at me made my heart jump out my chest

Tahj Pov

Not going to lie, I was completely staring at Malik. The only thought that was running through my head was how good looking this man was and how grateful I was to have him as my bestfriend. Once I saw him staring back at me it let me know that I was looking too long and had been caught. 

"You good over there T?" "Huh? Yeah I was just zoning out, my bad. I hope you know that whatever you order I'm getting some of." He let out a low laugh before saying, "Yeah I know that's how it always is with you."

After dinner he dropped me back home and walked me up to my dorm. Benefits of not having a roommate, no nosy people trying to stare out the peephole. "Thank you for today Malik it felt good to be worriless for once. And next time we go out I pay." As I opened my door he started to looked at me like I was crazy. "Girl I am not broke any time we go out it's my treat and will always be my treat. Even when I'm feeding an extra mouth." 

His words seemed to have been just a big of a shock to him as they were to me. I could do nothing but smile and engulf him in a bear hug. "Yeah I know, love you Malik. Get home safe" "Love you too. Night." And with our departure I closed my door. Dammit I really think I'm starting to catch feelings for this boy.