Chapter 20

Do NOT rush to grow up. Don't do it take it from me. The updates are taking longer than I want to because I'm out here adulting to the point where I'm writing updates at work.

Tahj POV

After Malik dropped me home I headed upstairs to get ready for this "date". I would be lying if a little part of me didn't say I was excited but nonetheless I knew not to get my hopes up. I was adamant on not getting back together with Malik because I was looking out for his future. With the thought dawning on my mind I continued to get dolled up.

Tatiana's POV

I checked my appearance in the mirror before grabbing my phone and strutting out the door to meet up with Oscar. After the loss of our baby our relationship kind of took a strain and setting up a date was his attempt to fix things. I walked outside and got into his car. "Hey babe what's up?"

"Nothing just ready to get on this date." See what I mean by he's so sweet. "Aww I love you. Where are you taking us?" I was shaking in anticipation because there's this new restaurant I've been dying to try and I mention it every chance I get. "We're going to that restaurant you're always talking about." I smiled with content and continued to enjoy the ride.

I must have dosed off because when I opened my eyes I was greeted with an Olive Garden sign. "Umm, Oscar....why are we here?" He looked over at me with confusion, "Isn't this the restaurant you wouldn't shut up about?"

"Wow if I talk so damn much about it then you should have known I wanted to go to Bonatello's not some damn Olive Garden." An eerie smirk crept on his face as he put his lips close to my ear "Don't lose your mind and forget who you're talking to because I will remind you if I have to." I instantly put my finger tips to my lips as I remembered the last time I got slick with Oscar and was given a bloody lip.

"Alright let's go in babes we're already here so I'll just make the best of it." After we entered Olive Garden and got seated I scanned over my menu already knowing what I wanted. I placed it on the table and noticed that Oscar was on his phone. "Come on we're on a date let's pay attention to each other first before going on our phones," I said in my sweetest voice possible so he knew I wasn't being rude. "Ah sorry I was just watching Tahj's story. Can you imagine that bitch is out on a date while pregnant with my child? Man am I happy I got rid of that hoe." So he was paying attention to something that pertained to her instead of paying attention to me? "How come you still have her on social media if she disgusts you so much?"

"I don't know because it's my phone and I can do whatever the hell I please. And just because she disgusts me doesn't mean she's not bad as hell. It doesn't hurt to look once in a while. The pregnancy even gave her a little bit more body." Listening to him go on and on about Tahj was really annoying me and hurting my feelings so I just stayed quiet.

"Tati what's wrong? Why you staying quiet over there?"

"Because you're over there talking about Tahj this and Tahj that. I'm just feeling a bit insecure and then when I think about how she still gets to be pregnant with your child I just get even more sad. Like that could be me right now. We could be a family."

"How many times do we have to go over this? I'm not with her I'm with you and starting a family right now wouldn't be ideal. I'm not really looking for one and I told Tahj to get rid of the baby but she was just too stubborn to do so. I guess she thought it would make me want her back and she thought wrong. Now eat up our food's here and we have other things planned for the day."

After eating and enjoying a little conversation he paid our bill and left. "So where to next?" Honestly I was kind of over the day and just wanted to be in my bed, regardless of what he said our conversation from dinner was still stuck in my head. I understand you don't like her but why follow up on her so much that's just way too weird for me. Sulking deeper and deeper into my thoughts had me zoned out for approximately 10 minutes because when I came out of it Oscar was parking the car in front of a game arcade. "What are we doing here?"

"I told my boys I would hang out with them today but I forgot we had a date day so I figured after dinner you wouldn't have a problem if we came here." Okay see now I was getting irritated. Like come on why not just cancel on them it's not like they needed him to continue with their night anyway. "Let's just go inside Oscar. " I walked ahead of him and made my way to his friends.

"Oh shit it's Tati, I didn't know you were going to be here. I would have brought my girl so you wouldn't be the only female here."

"It's okay Michael I'm still going to have fun one way or another." By that time Oscar had finally decided to join us.

"Oscar my man, if I had known you were going to turn this into a date night we could have all brought our girls with us and make things more fun."

"Nah Tati won't get in our way she'll more than likely be to herself anyway. but what's up with yall boys?"

"Shiiittt nothing just vibing and trying to get these grades up so I can keep playing." I slowly but surely tuned their conversation out and started focusing on my phone until something Oscar said sent me on high alert."

"Wait so what happened?"

"Damn Michael open your ears and listen a bit. I was saying today I was watching Tahj's snapchat story and she was on a date with Tati's dumbass brother but I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was and it's like the pregnancy made her more beautiful. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed and I wonder what things would have been like if I stayed. But man I don't know I missed out on my chances now." I had to fight back the tears from overflowing, I quickly got up and walked out of the building making sure they saw me leave.

10 minutes had passed and Oscar didn't even bother to come outside and searched for me so I used this as my sign to get an Uber. I don't know what the hell I see in Oscar but more importantly I just can't understand what Oscar still sees in Tahj and why he's so damn concerned about being a part of a child's life that he originally didn't even want. Now you want to start a family with the bitch?? This all could have easily been us. I've tried and tried time and time again to make this man happy but as long as his focus is on that other girl then my efforts won't mean anything.

"After the annoying 20 minute drive back to my apartment complex I got out the Uber and made my way upstairs to my door. Unlocking it I went straight for the bathroom to enjoy a warm bubble bath to take my mind off of things.

***

I woke up to some loud banging on my door. Wiping the crust out of my eyes I shuffled my feet to the peephole. "What the fuck," I whispered under my breath as I opened the door to let Oscar in.

"What do you want Oscar? Besides becoming a family with Tahj?" He let out a chuckle before his palm connected with my cheek sending me falling to the ground.

"So you think it's funny to embarrass me like that huh?" With every word came another blow to any exposing part of my body. I just yelled out apology after apology in hopes that he would stop. Once he finally did his eyes softened and he stooped down to my level. My whimpers started to calm down a little bit.

"I'm sorry princess I really am. It's just that sometimes I get mad and I don't know how to control myself. I guess I let the thought of what's been going on lately get to me. The idea of missing out on my child's life and that slut allowing another man to raise my child really gets me annoyed. I didn't know how to control it and I took it out on you. I'm sorry and I love you now go to bed I'll be in there with an ice pack." I said my I love you and did as i was told. I can't believe he actually went that far. It's not his first time hitting me but it is his first time beating me down this badly.

I swear to you everything would go good if stupid Tahj wasn't around. I mean if I were a man I would get upset if a woman let some other guy raise my child. So not only does she have my boyfriend beating on me she has my mother and brother ignoring me. Honestly fuck Tahj I'm tired of this dumb broad.

Comment. Vote. And check out my new story I'm about to drop