Chapter 8

Malik Pov

Yo...what the hell did I just say. It's like my mouth moved faster than my brain and I really didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or anything like that. But at the same time I didn't want the doctor judging her by thinking she's just some female that up and got pregnant. I looked at her with apologetic eyes just to see her smiling a thankful smile. I kept my eyes connected with hers and the only thing that broke our stare was Dr. White's voice. "Aww look at the in love couple, well if you look on the screen you can see your baby right here looking as healthy as ever. Everything seems to be functioning right and the heartbeat sounds strong. You can get cleaned up while I go print two copies for you guys."

As the doctor left the room I heard Tahj's voice speak softly, "So you're my baby daddy now?" "Aye girl hush I just didn't want you feeling uncomfortable." "Yeah I know, it made me feel happy. Malik you really are my bestfriend. I cannot believe the asshole I met would be the one that pulls through for me consistently." Before I could say anything Dr. White entered the room. "Alright here you go proud parents, you can go up to the front and the receptionist will help you schedule your next appointment. Stay happy and safe." Once we left the office I noticed that Tahj's eyes were glued down to the sonogram. "Pretty excited huh?" "Hell yes this is my baby. Not going to lie sometimes I do feel sad that my baby won't have a father but I know that both you and Amber are going to be there. Damn man I love y'all two."

Just hearing that she felt that strongly about our friendship let me know that what I was about to say was pretty much needed. "Now look Tahj, that baby will have a father. For some reason I feel really close to you, like I always have to protect you, which is odd that I feel this strongly this quickly. Pretty much you're my bestfriend and I want to help you with this child. I don't want you to think you have to handle everything on your own. As you've said you have Amber but I want to make it sure that you know you have me."

Tahj Pov

I looked at him and nodded letting him know the I heard and understood everything he said. I don't know if it was the atmosphere or the hormones. But at this time I was bawling a river. His words made me rethink A lot of things. Like why was I put in this position? Why did the past few months happen the way they did? Why could Oscar not accept this. But the scariest thought that popped into my head was why couldn't Malik have been the actual father of my child.