Chapter 6

Tahj POV

I left the clinic in tears and I know if I were to face anyone my face would be the ideal image of a horror magazine. I walked over to the bus stop deep in thought about my current situation. It was obvious that I had to have this baby and going to my parents was a complete negative. My parents were never the kind that believed in having a child out of marriage and considering that Oscar and I were no longer together they would have a heart attack.

After several breaths I began to scroll through my thoughts and options because now was the time where I had to be more calm. I could go through with putting the baby up for adoption but I feel as if this could be a sign from God that this innocent unborn is suppose to bring purpose to my life. I mean I'm still unsure but who am I to argue with God's decision. As I started to cope with my decision I looked up to see the snotty nose intruder making his way over to me. "Ugh what do you want? To rub this in my face? Because if that is your purpose you're cruel and it won't work." "Look, I'm not here for all that I just wanted to make sure you were okay because walking around in that type of emotional condition could be dangerous." Wow who knew he cared.

"Sorry and yes I'm fine, Ive just accepted the fact that I am meant to have this child and that I have to be strong enough for myself and this child. Plus I need to hurry my broke ass up and find a job." For the first time in a few while I actually found myself laughing and that could probably be because the guy next to me was actually laughing as well.

Malik POV

Listening to the slick comment about herself made me laugh but then it brought up an interesting question. "If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to get an abortion? Because you must have had to know you were pregnant way before this." She gave me a saddened look before answering, "Well to be honest, when I told my boyfriend I was pregnant he left because he didn't want us ruining his future. And his bitch ass decision wasn't going to stop me from carrying this child. However when I lost my job and couldn't find one it became all too obvious that I wasn't going to be able to afford a child." "So why not adoption?" "Well aren't you quite a nosy one sir, but it's because I knew I would NEVER be able to let go of my child. It would be too hard. And I know it sounds like I would rather kill my child than give my child up but that's really not the case."

Woah, homegirl must be going through it, at least she's not one of those ratchets that don't have their head on their shoulders. "Well if you need any help I know someone that could offer you a job, nothing suspicious and it should help you get the bare minimum for a little bit." "I usually don't like people pitying me but I'm sucking up my pride. Thank you Mr...." I noticed she was waiting for me to tell her my name. "Malik. And I'm not pitying you. Just think of it as a my bad for the comments I made earlier." She looked at me with eyes that said "mmhm yeah right" before laughing. It took me a while to realize I was gone from the reception desk for a while I swear if my uncle didn't own the clinic I know I would have been fired. "Aight well I'm gonna go. I hope everything works out well for you." We switched information before I went back into the clinic.

Tahj POV

I pulled out my phone to call Amber to see if she could pick me up because Lord knows I don't want to wait for the bus and I also need a friend to confide in. After the fourth ring she picked up "Well hey bitch I thought you was going ghost on my bomb ass." Amber never fails to make me laugh. "Well I was wondering if you could come pick me up and then we talk because I have a lot to tell you girl." "Mmhm you only call me to use and abuse me. Text me where you're at and I'll come get you. Bye bish." "Lol bye" As soon as I finished sending her the address a notification indicating I had a text popped up on my phone. I soon realized it was from Malik telling me about the job information and the number I should call. Dear Lord you have set out a path for me and I'm hoping it will lead to a good outcome.

No lie, sorry it's a bit long and boring but you need the boring parts to lead into the interesting parts ^.^