Chapter 4

Tahj POV

I successfully made it through my criminal law class, don't get me wrong I love the class but the professor is so damn boring, and made my way to work. All the nerves I had vanished yesterday because I was truly a good worker and I think to lose me as an employee would be sad. When I entered the diner it was 2:55, five minutes before my shift was scheduled to start , and I saw two males in their 40s dressed in suits.

"Hey Amb are they a part of new management?"

"Sure 'nough, they're  having meetings with all the employees just to know us better and child let me tell you they are foine!" I couldn't help but to stale face her comment because she knows good and well those guys are almost twice our age. I didn't even respond to her I just made my way to the back so I could grab my apron .

"Hello I'm Mr. Harrison, your new manager, and I was wondering if you could join me in a quick meeting just to get to know you as an employee better." I mean even if I wanted to say no could I? No I couldn't so I just plastered a fake smile and let out a small "sure" while following him into his office. "Alright based on your employee file your name is...Tahj and it seems you've been working her for a year and a half, is that correct?" "Yes it is, I started shortly after I enrolled in the university, I had responsibilities to take care of and the environment is refreshing." He blankly stared at my file as if he found some indiscretion but didn't mention anything all he said was a bland that's all and that I could get started on my shift. That so called "meeting" was a blatant waste of my time I could be using to earn tips. Scooting the chair back I got up to start my shift that wouldn't be ending until closing time which was about 11:00.

***

" It seems as if when Ms. Jacquline left so did a good chunk of our regulars." Now that Amber pointed that out she was right. Along with some of our regulars went at least 3 of our employees, new management wasn't joking about these job cuts. I continued sweeping when Mr. Harrison came towards us "Ladies you have been doing a wonderful job, the table tops are sparkling and it looks like you can eat straight off the floor." His praises weren't all that but it reassured me that I was doing a good job. So with that being known what he said next caught me completely out of left field. "Although you guys are wonderful employees I'm sorry but I'm going to have to let you go Tahj. It was hard choosing between you two but Amber has more experience. Sorry."

My world came crashing down. This was the only way I could provide for my little family about to start. I didn't even say anything, I just cried, gathered my belongings, and left.

2 Months Later

It's honestly sad to say that I've applied for probably 15 jobs, only had 3 interviews, and hired by none. If things continued like this I would finish out all the money I saved up and have nothing left for the major events happening in my life. I checked my watch and noticed it was 3:30 and my appointment was at 4:15. I grabbed my purse, phone, and keys and headed out the door.

Once I reached my location I read the sign that said Womanhood Abortion Clinic and made my way into the building.

****

hey hey hey, what do you guys think so far? How many of you guys agree with Tahj's decision? And what would you do if you were in her position?