La Diabla - Chapter Eleven

Oscar sighed, sitting on the couch, causing Sabina to scoot away. He rolled his eyes, looking else where. She was being way too childish. Everybody else sensed the tension, glancing at each other with confused looks.

"You okay?" Cesar asked.

Oscar nodded, "I'm good."

"So the lock down!" Jamal chuckled nervously, sitting between Oscar and Sabina.

When no body said anything, Olivia spoke up. "Oh Sabina! Did I mention how much I love your shirt?"

Sabina scratched behind her ear awkwardly. "It's Oscar's."

Oscar glanced at her and Olivia seethed, "how about us girls hang out in my room?" She clapped her hands together then pointed toward the bedroom. "Come on." Sabina stood, following Monse and Olivia.

Now Cesar crossed the room, taking Jamal's spot next to his brother. "You ready to tell me what's really up?"

Oscar looked at Cesar, then at Jamal and Ruby who quickly turned their heads, pretending to mind their own business. "I don't know." He mumbled. "I got mad over something super stupid."

Cesar chuckled, "it couldn't have been that bad."

Oscar scoffed, raising his eyebrows. "It was pretty bad, in the sense of how dumb it was."

Jamal began to whistle, furthering the act of him not listening. That caused Ruby to elbow him in the ribs, muttering for him to "act right."

Cesar shook his head at them with an amused smile.

"She wouldn't tell me how old she was." He rubbed his hands together, then opened his palms when Cesar raised his eyebrows at him. "I pressed on and she got mad. All she wanted was for me to come hang out with you guys."

Ruby gave Jamal a wide eyed glance that Jamal returned, crossing his arms and turning around to inspect a plant when Oscar looked up at them.

"Dude." Cesar said, lowering his voice so if the girls were secretly listening they wouldn't hear. "Do you like her?"

"I can't hear anything!" Monse sighed, throwing her hands up and parting from the door. "They're onto us."

Sabina shrugged, "well maybe they're not talking about me."

"They have to be." Olivia said, grabbing a glass cup from the nightstand, setting it against the wall. "Watch this." She put her ear against it, her jaw dropped when she heard what Oscar said to Cesar.

"I kissed her, man."

"You what!" Olivia and Cesar simultaneously yelled.

Olivia pulled the door open, walking out. "You two need to talk."

Oscar raised his eyebrows at the girl, confused. "Huh?" Sabina walked out behind Monse, her eyes on the floor. "There are big feelings here that need to be discussed." She pointed between the two, "and what better time to do it then a lock down?" Sabina crossed her arms, glancing at Oscar who's eyes were already on her. "You can borrow my room." She sat on a love seat, crossing her legs.

"Take your time." Monse said, walking further into the living room. "We literally have all day."

Oscar licked his lips, turning to Cesar who nodded for him to go on. So he stood up, walking into the room, expecting Sabina to follow him. But she stayed for a little bit until everybody whisper-shouted at her to "go!"

She put her hands up in defense, walking into the room where Oscar shut the door, sighing. "Can we just sit here and pretend we talked?" She sat on the bed, her arms still folded over her chest with a grumpy face.

"Or..." he took a couple of steps toward her. "We can actually talk."

She didn't look at him, rather passed him when she spoke. "Okay, what do you have to say to me?"

He scoffed, shaking his head. "Actually I think there's something you have to say to me."

Sabina shook her head, "nope."

He hummed, kissing his teeth. "Okay." He nodded, "I'll just get going then."

He spun around but she stood, calling his name. He turned his head, raising his eyebrows as a 'what'.

"I'm not sleeping in your house tonight."

His face completely fell, "what?"

"Well." She ringed her hands nervously. "Olivia said I could stay here with her if I wanted to and Monse also invited me to stay with her." She smiled softly, "I think it'll do me well to have some girl friends. I also think we need some time apart, I can't keep living off of your money and—"

"Stop." He put his hand up, "Sabina are you serious?"

She took a couple of steps toward him, holding onto his wrists, "we'll still see each other, maybe just not as much."

He shook his head with an angry chuckle, removing her hands. "You're not serious right?"

She dropped her arms to her sides. "Oscar—"

"Tell me you're not serious." He growled, stepping closer.

She sighed, "Oscar."

"I risked my life for you and you're just gonna leave? I took you in, Sabina. Risking my position as head Santo, do you not care?"

Sabina nodded softly, "of course I do Oscar and I'm so grateful for everything you've done for me."

"You're not." He shook his head, "you just proved that to me."

"Oscar that's not—"

"You're not safe in Freeridge anymore." He took a couple of steps toward the door before looking back at her, "go back to your barrio, Sabina."