La Diabla - Chapter Six

"You have to get there on foot." Cuchillos said, "unstrapped."

"But I'm strapped, and I'm down the street in my car."

"What!"

Oscar sighed, "you should've called me twenty minutes ago with this information."

"Okay, that's fair. I'm pretty sure they'll pat you down before they let you see him."

He nodded, "alright, no big deal."

"But if you lose your car that's on you."

"Hell nah." He shook his head, making a wide turn. "They goin' have to kill me."

"Don't doubt they will."

Oscar rolled his eyes, "alright I'm pulling up. What do I say to these punk ass Diablos?"

"Tell them you want to speak to Lucifer, cause if you call him Jonah they'll shoot you right then and there."

He scoffed. "They won't shoot me."

"Look homie, it wasn't my idea for you to go speak to him so you either do as your told or don't go."

Oscar rolled his eyes, looking around at his surroundings. "I'm almost there."

"Good luck Spooky."

He hung up and Oscar muttered incoherent numbers to himself as he read the addresses. After a while he didn't have to look at the addresses anymore, he saw the house filled with gang members and automatically remembered it from the last time he had to come.

The first man he saw was sitting against a car in the street, a cigarette in one hand and in the other; a chain, that was holding back a barking Pit Bull. It had its ears cut to a point and foam coming out of its mouth. The man holding him, that was the Diablos' gang leader.

Oscar raised his eyebrows momentarily before exiting his car. That was when the man began to stand up. "Not the first person I wanted to run into." He said, "ya que estamos aquí, where's your boss at?"

"I'm my own boss." He kneeled, holding the dog back by the chain around his neck.

Oscar side glanced at the rest of the gang members that began to stand up. "I don't got all day, Dario."

"I don't know who you're looking for Santo." He shook his head with a shrug of his shoulder.

"Pit." Someone said from the yard, waving him off.

Dario looked over, then back at Oscar. He began to laugh, unclasping the leash but still holding onto the chain collar.

Oscar furrowed his eyebrows, he really didn't want to have to kill his dog if he released him. Before the truce, they ran into each other and Dario released one of his Pit Bulls on Oscar, luckily Oscar had a pocket knife on him because Dario trains his dogs to kill, hence the nickname 'Pit Bull'.

"You really want another one of your lil dogs dead?" When Dario's face went serious, Oscar laughed. "That's what I thought. Now tell me where I can find Lucifer."

Dario stood now, mugging him. "What you want with Lucifer?" The dog went crazy at the name, barking and baring his teeth as he tried to get loose.

"Don't worry about it." Oscar returned the mad dog mug, stepping closer.

"Yo, you know what side you on puto?"

"Pit!" They both turned their heads to the man walking out of the house with his arms crossed. "Leave the Santo alone."

Oscar folded his lips in, glancing down at Dario's hand that held the chain in it. He began to walk away but was stopped by the group of Diablos blocking his way.

"Check him." Jonah said, tilting his chin up, "make sure he ain't trying nothin' stupid."

Oscar lifted his arms as a man began to pat him down, throwing his gun to the side, then his pocket knife as well. "Damn, why you gotta feel up on me like that? Groping on my junk and shit." He lifted his top lip, mocking the man who glared at him.

"Inside." Jonah turned around, walking inside.

Oscar followed him, ignoring all of the stares he was getting from the rival gang.

"Sit." Jonah sat on top of the poker table in his living room. Yet another thing Los Diablos were known for, their obsession with gambling, it was a sin and whoever played them, died. "So tell me, Spooky." He grabbed a poker chip, throwing it up in the air. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Just came to talk." Oscar shrugged, sitting in a chair. "Wanted to see how you were doing."

"Oh." Jonah nodded, "now that you mention it, I got this tick in my right eye and I'd bet you anything it'll get worse if you don't tell me why the hell you're actually here."

Oscar chuckled, shaking his head softly.

"Habla, Santo."

He cleared his throat, pressing his lips together. "Su hija."

Jonah huffed standing up, "I don't have a daughter, go back to your barrio."

He contemplated telling him she was staying with him, but that could cause a big problem and if he really wanted to finish getting rid of her he would definitely do that. "I saw her."

Jonah hummed, scratching his beard. "That's weird, cause I don't have one."

"She was messed up real bad, bleeding out."

"Is she dead?" He raised an eyebrow, sitting back down on the poker table. "If she's not then no me interesa."

"Why you hate her so much?" He asked, "she seemed like such a sweet girl to me."

Jonah scoffed, "you think she was a sweet girl? You think getting knocked up by another vato not of our kind is sweet? Poniéndole los cuernos a nuestro Pit Bull." Oscar sighed, looking away. "Te la pongo facilita." he shrugged, "she got pregnant, had the huevos to come up in here and ask me for money to have an abortion." Oscar licked his lips, taking in the information. "She wanted an abortion, and we gave it to her. But I told her the consequences it came with." Jonah snarled, "that's not my daughter."

Oscar stood, slamming his hand against the table, causing the poker chips to shake. "I understand you have this thing with calling yourself 'Lucifer' but beating your daughter till she lost her baby?" Jonah kept his arms crossed as Oscar got in his face. "Eres un cobarde, and when you die, Jonah, ni el mismo diablo te va querer."