Chapter 10- Math

The three of us split ways when homeroom ended. I had math, and the other two were off to science. Normally I would skip math, it was my worst subject, I just couldn't stand numbers, but I had promised my parents I would at least try this year. So here I there sitting in the room, waiting for class to start when-

Alarik walked into the room.

He set a folder on the desk in the front before leaning against it. I groaned. This was so not happening, what the hell was Alarik doing in my class?

The bell rang and everyone who was going to show up was in there seats.

"Alright class, it's time to begin."

You've got to be shitting me. Alarik was not my teacher. There was no way in hell they would let him be a teacher in this school, no amount of money and no pack status could possibly allow a no-show, barely high school graduate to teach math. Had he even gone to this class when he was in school?

It took every ounce of strength I had not to jump out of my seat and leave the room.

"I'm sure you all know who I am," he said winking at a couple of the girls in the class. "So there's no need for any introductions. I'm afraid Mrs. Merriweather retired from teaching here with us so I've been asked to fill in." 

"Asked? Or you blackmailed?" I mumbled crossing my arms. 

"That's enough out of you Allison, or would you like detention?"

I balked. Did he really just threaten me with detention? My hands clenched into fists and I stayed quiet. Everything he seemed to do just reaffirmed my thoughts from earlier.

I couldn't believe Alarik had actually become a teacher at the school for the sole purpose of keeping an eye on me, that was the only reason I could think of for him doing it. It took stalking to a whole new level in my book.

I kept quiet in the class, when Alarik called on me for an answer I didn't give him anything. I just shrugged and looked uninterested. Honestly, I was uninterested in the class, I just wanted to know what possessed him to come to my school, and I try thinking of a way to tell him that we just needed to go on our separate ways.

A note landed on my desk and I look down at it, turning the paper over in my hands.

You called us sluts for sleeping with him? You're no better than the rest of us; are you? A picture was attached. Someone had seen me with Alarik the night of the bonfire after I had had just a few too many to drink. I looked over and saw Natasha with a smirk on her face.

I remembered the day two years ago when the whole school had heard about Natasha and Alarik, not that anyone had been surprised, Alarik was Alarik, and Natasha was a slut. I had a few choice words about her and all the other girls that had fallen prey to Alarik by that time. And it seemed that karma was coming around to bite me in the ass.

It wasn't like I had slept with him like all the other girls had, and it wasn't like I didn't have a reason. Their reasons had all been that he was the Alpha's son; who could turn him down? Who would want to turn him down? Well I couldn't turn him down before, but that was for a completely different reason. My body wouldn't let me. This time I wasn't going to give my body the chance to rule over my mind though.

A few more notes had come my way calling me a slut and a whore before class finally let out and I ran to the bathroom. I shouldn't have been surprised that everyone knew about me being all over Alarik at the bonfire. It was the biggest event of the year, everyone had been there, and everyone always had their eyes on Alarik.

It wasn't like I wanted to cry like most girls did when they were called a slut or whatever. I just wanted to get away from the people, I didn't feel like being sent home or actually getting a detention because I punched one of those ho-bags in the face. I had already been in enough altercations at school in the past two years, I didn't need another one added onto the list.

I heard the door open and then lock I knew who it was immediately by the change of the atmosphere. This guy just didn't give up did he?

"Alarik, get out of here."

"That's no way to talk to your teacher," he scolded me with a dark smirk.

"And this isn't really any place for a male teacher now is it?" I shot back, placing my hands on my hips.

"Oh well you got me there, don't you?"

"You wish," I mumbled. "Look, can we just stop doing this?" I asked him, less sure of the words now that he was standing in front of me.

"Stop what?"

"This," I said motioning between the two of us.

"You mean this whole silly dance thing? Sure, just say you're mine."

"That's not what I mean," I glared at him. "I mean just stop this whole thing with you and me."

"Oh you know that isn't possible. A mate isn't something you just turn on and off. You know that as well as I do."

"We don't have to turn the mate thing off, just don't act upon it. We can just carry on like we did before we found out about all of this. I mean really, what good has it done? It seems like we just put our lives on pause for it. I mean you haven't been back to... business as usual with your conquests, and I just can't talk to anyone without you getting all testy about it."

"Oh Allison, Allison." He clicked his tongue at me. "You know that isn't how this works. Maybe if we weren't who we were. If I weren't the next in line for Alpha; but every pack needs their Luna if they are to survive, and if their Alpha is to survive. And you see, I don't have any intentions of being taken down because I don't have my Luna."

I hadn't forgotten about that. Mates were an essential thing, but no mate pairing was as important as the one between Alpha and Luna. I didn't know what to say, there was nothing I really could say. He had me trapped, trapped by the nature of our kind. Sure we had a while, at least a little while until after he assumed the title of Alpha, but that wasn't nearly long enough.

Alarik stepped up behind me, his face nestled into my shoulder and I whirled around. I had said I wasn't going to give my body the chance to be uncooperative, but the longer I spent in close proximity to him, the less my resolve slipped away.

"Now Allison, it looks like your skirt is shorter than school policy allows," Alarik said glancing down.

A heat rose to my cheeks and made it's way down, following his gaze.

His hands gripped my thighs tightly as he lifted me onto the sink causing my skirt to ride up all the way.

"Definitely too short," he said, his voice husky.

"I've never had a problem with it before," I replied, my voice shaky.

"Well we're going to have to do something about it, now aren't we?"

"Actually, I don't think we will, sir." I sneered. I hopped down careful to avoid any contact with him. If I touched him now there would be no turning away. Not when I had him this close and that would do nothing to make my point.

I sidestepped him and flipped the lock on the door before leaving without looking back.

*************

Some tense situations. And dang Alarik getting all up in her only place of freedom from him.

Vote, comment, fan, it all helps and means the world to me!!