Chapter 22- Confrontation

I had finally calmed myself down after Alarik left and I was just walking out of my house to go to Cassie's when a limo pulled up in front of me.

A driver got out and walked around, opening the door and motioning for me to get in the car. I just stared at the driver, hands on my hips. No way was I going to get into a car that had just pulled up. I didn't know who it was.

"Get in the car Miss Cole." The driver regarded me with a warning stare as if to say he would use force to get me in there if necessary.

"I'm sorry, but I was told never to talk to strangers," I said as I started walking away.

"Allison."

I stopped dead in my tracks, I knew that voice. I had talked to that person not too long ago, someone I had wished I would never need to talk to again. Though with who I had as my mate, I knew the wish would be in vain.

Alpha Trenton.

"Get in the car please." His words held all the authority he possessed. It wasn't a question, it wasn't an option, it was a command.

I reluctantly turned back around and got in the car, slumping on the back seat across from Alpha Trenton.

He regarded me with a slight smile and steel in his gaze. I could tell he wasn't happy, then again I didn't think he was ever a happy man.

We sat in silence and the car started moving. I stared down at my hands, my fingers fiddling around anxiously. I knew whatever Alarik's father wanted wasn't going to be good, especially if he went out of his way to make sure we were isolated for this discussion.

"So Allison, I hear you're mates with my son."

My eyes flicked up to Jeramiah's face before going back to my hands. I knew this wasn't going to go well. I just nodded silently, not sure what to say. Yes, we were mates, but right now, that's all we were to each other. We had been doing this dance that seemed to make no progress at all, as soon as one of us stepped forward, the other took a step back again.

"I'm here to stop that."

That time I looked up and held his steely gaze. Stop it? How was that even possible, how could you stop mates?

"I'm sorry sir, but I don't understand,"

"It's quite simple really, you aren't going to be with my son. He has things far more important to do than to mess around with the likes of you."

I flinched at his words. The likes of me? What in the world was that supposed to mean?

"He refused the proposal to marry Hazel O'Brian because of you, but I can't let him do that. The union of our two packs can bring about greatness for us all and I'm not going to let anyone stand in the way of that. Especially not a teenage girl," he snarled at me.

Just some teenage girl? He had no idea. There was no way his plan would work anyway. Alarik had seemed adamant that he wasn't going to marry Hazel. At least that's what he had told me, and his father was saying he had refused the proposal. How did he possibly think that Alarik would go back now and change his mind?

"He's already made his mind up though, you even said-"

"Yes, he chose to turn down Hazel because of the bond he has with you. And this is why we are talking now."

I had a sinking feeling that I really wasn't going to like what was coming. I wanted to jump out of the car, I didn't care what happened as long as I didn't have to sit there and listen to that man.

"You are going to tell Alarik that you don't want to be with him. You're going to reject my son and he will move on and marry Hazel."

I was starting to realize why I hadn't liked Alarik. This was the person he had looked up to while growing up. This was the man who was in power, the man he was going to take after, the only role model he'd had. It was no wonder Alarik had turned into the man I had hated.