Chapter 17- Hazel

So... Some of you have commented on how you think she should just give in and give him a chance. Or how she seems to be stuck in bitch mode. The thing is, both of these characters have their own problems. She's afraid to trust in mates, and she's afraid to trust in Alarik. Alarik doesn't know how to be a decent guy. There are going to be many bumps along the road here and this story will follow them throughout the course of the two months he made her give him.

I hope you all are alright with that, so when the two months are up or when she's made her decision is going to bring about the end of this story. I hope you enjoy, and now for a little Alarik!

-Alarik-

I had told Allison that I was going to be with her for the rest of my life, though apparently that hadn't been what she expected to hear. I knew that it probably sounded pretty heavy, especially coming from someone with as much commitment as the life span of a may fly, but it was weird. I actually meant it.

I didn't know how to do this whole long term thing, actually it kinda scared me. I was used to those loose, open ended flings I had. I slept with a girl and that was it, she didn't expect anything else. Well, most of the time anyway, sometimes I found those girls who thought I was offering them more than one night. Those poor girls, Alarik didn't do more than one night.

But do I now? It seemed like a weird concept, but something about her just brought the words out of me. She hadn't said a single thing after that though. I had even walked her back to her house and still she'd said nothing, not even a parting word as she darted into her home.

I hadn't really argued about the silence, I was completely taken in by it as well. I couldn't believe what I had said, and I really needed a drink now.

I looked down at my watch. I had been walking around for an hour and a half now and it was eleven. It was getting close to prime time at The Underground. The thought of alcohol and bass called to me and I made a sharp left heading over a couple streets until I ducked into the alley.

I stepped through the door, the music pounding through me. I could feel the vibrations entering though my feet, making their way through my body. The bouncer took one look at me before stepping to the side so fast I thought he was about to fall over. That was the typical reaction to seeing me.

Everyone was scared of what I might do to them. As Allison had said, no one was entirely sure, but I had formed quite the reputation for myself, and everyone was scared of the unknown. It was kind of nice, everyone made sure they did exactly what I wanted them to, no one got in my way, and everyone gave in. Everyone except Allison, My wolf muttered to me.

I growled at myself and marched right up to the bar. The bartender was already sliding my usual down to me and and tipped my head back, draining it quickly. I felt the familiar burn as the liquid made it's way down my throat and I tapped the glass on the counter asking for another.

"Rough night?" The bartender asked as he brought me another.

"Not for long," I said before tipping the glass back. "One more. Stronger"

I saw him shake his head with a slight smile as he made another. I sat at the bar turning the glass in circles as I watched the liquid slosh around. I felt the fuzz start to move in and I welcomed the feeling. I needed the buzz, I needed the cloud right now, and for as long as it would last, because I honestly didn't know how to deal with real life sober at the moment.

I downed the third drink and asked for something taller and stronger. When the bartender passed the glass down I could smell the strength and it smelled like heaven.

I slowed down a bit, savoring the sweet drink with the bitter aftertaste. I relished in the buzz and I turned around, looking toward the DJ and the dancing bodies. I thought about dancing, but decided I'd better not.

I felt someone hop up onto the stool next to me and a hand moved to my knee. I looked down seeing perfectly manicured nails painted a blood red, and my eyes drifted over. A pair of long bare legs clouded my vision and as my eyes roamed up, they drank in the nakedness until they ran into a skirt so short it barely concealed anything, especially while the owner was sitting. My eyes continued to travel up her body, grazing over her full chest, resting at top of her tank top where her cleavage was oh so present.

I tipped back the rest of the drink and felt her hand slide up my leg. Making it's way up until it found something it liked.

"And just who are you?" I asked, my voice husky.

I saw her eyes darken as they moved up my body, her full, painted red lips drew my attention as they moved, looking perfect under the haze and flashing lights. It was odd that I had never seen this woman before, I knew who most people were in the pack and there was no way I could have skipped over her.

"Hazel," she said with a sly smirk. "My father is here on business with the Alpha and I had heard from some locals that there was this amazing club hidden beneath the surface."

Somewhere in my alcohol clouded brain I knew about the meeting she was talking about, but I didn't care enough to pull all the pieces together. I did connect that she was an Alpha's daughter though.

"Alarik Trenton," I said as our eyes held.

I saw the recognition flash there, If her father was supposed to meet with mine, then she knew who I was.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me off the stool and across the floor. I stumbled my way after her, the alcohol clearly having taken its effect on me. Apparently I'd been given something much stronger than my usual. I could barely walk or see straight.

She opened one of the doors to the back privacy rooms and pulled me in, shutting the door behind us. Before I even turned all the way around to look at her, she was on me. I had my back against the door, the cool metal pressed against my back and her sweet lips were on mine. The taste of her was as intoxicating as any drug I had ever used. She tasted like strawberries and-something else that I couldn't place.

I felt her hands move immediately to the waist of my jeans, her nails brushing against my skin and I groaned, flipping us around, pressing her back into the wall as I bit her lip. Her hands slowly made their way toward the center of the waist band and she unbuttoned and unzipped my jeans.

She pushed me across the small room until I was sitting on the couch. Our lips locked again and I could feel smile against my mouth.

You shouldn't be doing this, the small voice said at the back of my mind. The words broke through the haze and I knew I couldn't go through with this. I was trying to be a different person now, I was a different person now.

My hand moved up, touching Hazel's shoulder and pushing her back.

"I need to go." My voice was unsteady, my head rushing. I couldn't say anything else, I just had to get out of there.

Hazel's sultry lips took the form of a pout and those dangerous eyes were on me.

I got up quickly and walked out, leaving her to watch me walk away.

*********

So not perfect... but he's trying I suppose. Let me know what you thought of the chapter and what you think is going on!! Don't forget to Fan please!! Thank you all!!