Chapter 33- Developments

Hey all. Just to let you know, we are getting dangerously close to the end of this story. So just let that sink in for a moment before you continue on with the chapter. haha

***************

—Alarik—

The previous night's and this morning's activities flooded my mind as I made my way back to my house. I couldn't even begin to describe what I was feeling now that I'd finally been with Allison. It had just felt right. 

While I'd been around with many different girls, that had just been for fun, but with her it felt like so much more. Not just because we'd finally mated, but just being with her I felt like I was finally where I belonged and I couldn't have been happier. 

When she had said those three words, I hadn't wanted to leave. I wanted to stay right there and never leave her side. I couldn't believe she'd said them to me. I'd dreamt of them, I'd imagine her saying them, but I never thought it would actually happen, at least not yet. But I'd gotten a message from my father earlier that there was going to be another meeting to discuss where we went from there. Alpha O'Brian and Hazel were both going to be there as it concerned both of them, and he made it clear my presence was required as well. 

I was going to do whatever I had to in this meeting because I wanted to make sure that everything went the way it was supposed to. I wanted to do right by Allison, I wanted to be better than I had in the past, I wanted to be that little boy before he walked away from the most amazing girl ever. I wanted to be someone who deserved to have her. 

If I were to say that I wasn't nervous about this meeting though, that would be a lie. I most certainly was nervous. I wasn't sure how well the Alpha and his daughter would take the news, actually, I was more concerned about Hazel than her father. 

Her words echoed through my mind, how she would do anything and a flash of anger went through me. There was no way I was going to let her do anything, not now, not ever. If she wanted more land, more people, and more power then she was going to have to find it somewhere else. If they wanted peace between the packs and cooperation, that we could still do. 

I tensed slightly as my house came into sight. I saw the O'Brian's making their way up, stopping short when they saw me drawing nearer. 

"Son," said Alpha O'Brian, clapping my back. 

"Sir," I nodded my head showing respect. I may be the next in line for the Alpha title, and he may just be a visitor, but I was in no way the Alpha yet and I was supposed to show him respect. Even if everything the man stood for right now was against me. 

"It sounds like something had developed with your father."

"Sounded like," I said trying to sound like I had no idea what this was about. 

"Well shall we go in and see what it's all about?" Hazel slid her hand along my shoulder until her arm was around me. Her words matched with the stare she'd given me sent a slithering sensation straight through my body. 

I knew her type all too well and that was what scared me. 

I stepped forward quickly, her arm falling off me. "Right, here you are." I held the door open letting them both go through first. 

Hazel's father gave me a nod of approval, and Hazel looked at me with those lust filled eyes, her full lips turned into a frightening smile as she passed. 

I led them both to my father's office, glancing at my mother as I went by. I wasn't sure what I'd seen in her eyes, but I thought she was slightly worried what this Alpha may think of what my father had to say.