Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The next morning, Happy and I get up and dressed and head out on his bike. We stop at the diner for breakfast and I'm quiet. "What's on your mind Princess?" he asks. "Just nervous about meeting your mom." I say. "Don't be. She's gonna love you." he says. "I hope so." I tell him. He reaches across the table and says "Princess, she's gonna love you just because I love you." he tells me and I can't help but smile. After we eat, we get back on his bike and ride the rest of the way to Bakersfield.

Getting off his bike, he laces his fingers with mine as we walk to the door. Walking in, he calls out "Ma? You here?" After a second, we hear her call "In the kitchen Mijo." We walk into the kitchen and he walks over to her and kisses her cheek. "Hey Ma." he says. "Mijo, what a surprise." she tells him. "I got somebody I want you to meet, Ma. Ma, this is Valerie, my Old Lady." he says and she looks at him shocked. Pulling me into a hug she says "Welcome Mija. Come. Sit." she says. We walk over to the table and sit and she says "Mijo has never brought a girl home before. He said you're his Old Lady?" I smile and say "Yes Ma'am." She smiles and says "None of that Ma'am shit. You call me Maria or Ma." she tells me. "Yes Maria." We talk for a little while and she asks "How did you two meet?" Happy says "We work at the shop together." Maria smiles and says "So, you've got an Old Lady, when do I get grandbabies?" she asks. I look down at my hands and I say "I can't have kids." I tell her. She takes my hand and says "Well, there's nothing wrong with that Mija. Just means more time for you and Mijo to make each other happy." she tells me. I look at her and she says "Mija, you'll get your chance at being a mother. I have faith." she tells me. "I just worry because the guy I was with before Happy left me because I couldn't have kids." I tell her. "Well, I know my son doesn't see that as a problem. I see how he looks at you." she tells me. I look at her and say "I love your son Maria." She smiles and says "He loves you too. I see it." I look at her and smile.

We spend the afternoon talking and visiting with Maria before heading home. Walking in the door, I head to the shower. Letting the water cascade over me, I feel his arms wrap around me as he places kisses to my neck and shoulder. I turn in his arms and he crashes his lips with mine. Picking me up and putting me against the wall, he enters me slowly. Thrusting in and out slowly, I moan "Harder Happy, Please baby." he doesn't pick up the pace. He keeps is slow and easy and he doesn't say anything. I bury my face in his neck as I find my release with him finding his right behind me. Not pulling out, he just holds me to the wall and places his forehead to mine. "I love you Valerie." he says. "I love you too Happy." I say. "No Princess. I love you. I love you more than any fucking thing." he tells me. I look into his eyes and see so much love. I nudge him to let me down and get out of the shower. He follows me. "Talk to me." he says. I turn to look at him and say "Happy, I know you love me. I have no doubt about that. But..." I say as I try to get my thoughts together and he waits. "...I want a kid. I want to be a mother and Maria asking us about grandbabies made me think. I can't give you that. I can't give her grandbabies." I tell him as the tears start falling. He pulls me close and says "Baby, if you want a kid, we'll see what we need to do." I pull away from him and sit on the side of the bed. "It's not the same." I tell him. "It won't be mine and yours." I tell him. "That what you're scared of?" he asks. "Yeah." I say. "Baby, doesn't matter if the kid has our DNA, it will still be our kid." he tells me. "I just don't want you to feel like you got the bad end of the deal." I tell him. "Princess, look at me. I don't care if the kid has our DNA or not. It will be our kid. Period. I love you baby. Nothing changes that." he tells me. I look into his eyes and say "I love you too Happy. More than you know." He kisses me before picking me up and laying me on the bed to make love to me again before we finally fall asleep in each others arms.