Chapter 22

I had only just fallen asleep when my alarm sounded, forcing me to get out of bed..  My eyes were puffy and red from crying and not being able to get a minute of sleep last night.  I rubbed my eyes.  I went to my bathroom and washed my face, trying to clear away the heavy feeling in my heart.

I tried my best to look decent.  

I applied eye liner, mascara, and some concealer, but my eyes were still a little blood shot.  I wore a blue and white striped shirt with a high-waisted skirt, and grabbed my bag before heading out.  I waved a good bye to my roommate, and headed to my first class. 

As I sat in class, I couldn't keep my mind on the lecture.

One of the reasons was because I was on the verge of falling asleep.

But the other was that I could only think of Matt.

It wasn't fair.  Matt and I had broken up two years ago, we were done.  We were highschool sweet hearts, and we—or mainly just me—had gone through a harsh breakup.

Sure, I hadn't gone out with anyone except for that thing with Corbin, but I was getting along.  For the most part.  And my life was finally getting normal and I was getting used to this college life when he randomly has to pop up into my life again.

And then my life just centers around him again.

He was so cruel.

I don't even know if I believed what he said, but the way he told me "I love you" completely screwed me over.  I bet he says that to every girl he sees.  I bet he was still unsatisifed because he couldn't sleep with me before I found out about what he was doing.

I went to the rest of the classes that day, and when the day ended, I immediately went to my room.  I couldn't even think of Matt anymore, my mind was screaming for sleep.

I crashed into my bed, slipping off my Toms, and I was gone the moment my face hit my pillow.

My eyes slowly drifted open, and I saw that outside the window the sun was starting to set and the sky was a beautiful shade of orangish-pink.  I must have slept for over three hours, but I felt much better.  I rubbed my eyes, and then I heard a rustle from next to me, and I snapped my head to that direction.

I instantly scrambled up when I saw Matt sitting on a seat next to me, a sheepish smile on his lips.

"Your roommate let me in." Matt said, and my eyes widened.  What?  Why would Leigh let him in?

"Get out!" I yelped, my voice sounding low and hoarse because of just waking up.

Matt sighed in defeat, and put his face in his hands.  I knew that I'm not strong enough to kick him out by force, but I wanted him at least to be a little frightened when I yelled at him.

"I said, get out!" I said, louder this time.

Matt moved and sat next to me in my bed, and I immediately realized the little space between us.  I wanted to lean back as far as I could and close the space between us at the same time.

So much for being over him.

"I just wanted to tell you..." He started.

"And don't interrupt me," he said, when I started to open my mouth.  "Please."

I clamped it shut, not knowing why I was actually hearing out this douchebag.

"I know our....conversation wasn't at all civilized.  The thing is, I've been trying to contact you for a year now, but you changed your number, and you didn't reply to my e-mails, and the school wouldn't let me visit you, and of course they didn't give me your information... Who would have thought we'd end up in the same university?"