Chapter 3

"Bye mom! See you later!" I yelled, before running out my house. I didn't wait for a reply, I just hopped on my bicycle and started pedaling like a madwoman. I had put on sneakers, but I brought a pair of sandals just in case for the way back. The morning air brushed against my cheeks, making it flush slightly. My legs pedaled on a rhythmof its own, going back and forth with a comfortable swish-swash every time I pedaled.

Because I pedaled quickly, I made it to my favorite place in less than 25 minutes. I jumped off the bicycle, and quickly made myself to the pond. I hid my bike behind a bush and a tall tree in order for it not to be stolen easily. Not that anyone else was here anyway. I had this creek all to myself. This is my place. My place. It might sound selfish, but I had no intentions on sharing this place to anyone else. It was special because it was my very own, sacred place.

I ran along the thin strip of water, and after walking along it five minutes or so, I found a small, wooden bridge connecting each side of dry land. It was a pale brown colored wood, and it didn't have rails or anything on its side, just a slightly arced bridge. Even though it wouldn't be so hard to simply cross the water by taking your shoes off and walking five feet in ankle-deep water, the bridge was beautiful and absoloutely perfect to me. I walked across it, well, because I wanted to.

On the other side of the creek, there was a big, almost forest like area, and it was also gorgrous. There was a small path where obviously some people had walked before, seeing how it was covered in dirt in stead of grass. I walked cautiously, keeping an eye out for unwanted creepy-crawlies.

The morning sunshine peeked through the trees, grinning at me happily. A huge tree towered over in plain sight, and I knew it would be an awesome tree to climb. So I did just that, and I grabbed onto the closest branch thick enough to support my weight, and hoisted myself up. I maneuvered myself onto another branch, crouched down to get to another, and after a few times of twisting and turning and shifting my weight, I made it to the top. I sat down, and I was overlooking the entire woods and the creek. The woods stetched for another yard or so, but then some other houses and neighborhoods started. The creek continued for maybe five yards, but then it trickled to a stop. But there was a huge spot where the creek widened, displaying a circle-shaped pond maybe three yards away. I made a mental note to check that place out later on. I climbed down, and walked deeper into the woods.

After walking another minute, I spotted a small patch of grass where there were some flowers and mushrooms, just big enough for someone to have a picnic. So I laid down there, my hair spreading behind me, the smell of flowers and grass filling my nose. I took in a big breath, breathing in the feeling of pure happiness. This place was heaven. I was seriously considering that I had died.

After a few minutes, I started feeling drowsy, and knowing that if I stayed there I might seriously fall asleep, I stood up. If I slept there, who knows how long I could just sleep there, with my mom worrying, and getting a million mosquito bites? I brushed some strand pieces of grass off of me, dusting invisible dust off of my shoulders. I walked out of the woods, and made my way to the creek. I crossed the woods again, and shook my sneakers off and pulled my socks off, and I jumped into the water causing a huge splash.

I didn't know if there were any creatures in the water, but it would be cool if there were any kois or turtles in here. Or maybe even lobsters.

As I waded in the creek, the water splashing at my lower shins, I had a huge need to swim. Well, why not, right? So I stripped off my T-shirt and shorts and threw them next to my bike, leaving me with my sports bra and panties. It wouldn't count as skinny dipping, it's like wearing a bikini. Except it would be much more embarrassing to be caught in this clothing, but, there's noone anyway.