Chapter 9

I sat in my tree, still frustrated and upset from earlier today.

"WHAT THE HELL!!!!" I yelled. "What the hell is Dean and Walt's problem? Those freaking idiots!" I hollered, sure that no one will hear me. I yelled till my throat hurt, and I started crying. Honestly, why was I such a stupid person before? I feel like an idiot! I made such a stupid mistake! Why would I hook up with Dean, and why did I blame Walt for judging me? Any normal person would!

It was just that I completely thought all those rumors were far behind me, because I've been having so much fun these days, being careless. Matt distracted me from my worries, and at that moment, I wanted nothing more than for him to appear in front of me, like he always did. But it didn't happen.

"MATT! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST? THIS WORLD IS SO F***ING STUPID!" I yelled. I don't say bad words too often, but this time I did, and it made me feel slightly better. I think it was that moment that I realised just how much I need Matt in my life. He was always there so I didn't notice it, but I felt so much better when he was around. I searched around in my memory, and noticed that I started listening to emo songs when the rumors about me being a slut started. I had a feeling that if it wasn't for Matt, I would have been depressed because I didn't have anyone that wanted to hang out with me, and the only thing on my mind was of the stupid rumors about me.

I need Matt, right now.

I got my phone out from my pocket, and dialed Matt's number.

"Hello?" I heard Matt say, and he sounded annoyed.

"Matt?" I sobbed into the phone.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked. He sounded concerned and it touched my heart.

"Can you....come to my favorite tree.....right now?" I choked out.

"Okay," he said, and he hung up. I continued crying and crying, but this time I somehow felt better. Matt was coming.

A few minutes later, I heard foot steps coming this way, and I couldn't wait any longer. I climbed down the tree faster than I ever thought was humanly possible, and started running to the tall figure that was running this way. I jumped up onto Matt, who was breathing raggedly. He probably ran all the way here.

"Matt...Matt..." I cried into his arms. He held onto me, and his tears were getting soaked up on his shirt. He held me until my breathing became somewhat calm, and he gently let go and looked into my face.

"What happened?" he asked, and his hot breath fanned my face.

I tried explaining, but my mouth opened and closed like a fish. Matt looked at me looking confused, and a flicker of anger came across his face.

"Where's Walt?" he asked.

"Who cares?" I laughed humorlessly.

"Who cares? I care!" He said. For a second, I was taken aback. I forgot about my anger and sadness.

"Walt's a jerk, Matt." I muttered. He looked thoroughly confused.

"I thought you were on a date with him." he muttered angrily. I shook my head, and dismissed the idea.

"You don't judge me, do you?" I managed to ask. I looked up into his silver eyes that I came to love.

"Of course not," he said, his face softening. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. His eyes were searching my face, looking for clues to what was going on. But instead of answers, I leaned in to kiss his lips. He immediately kissed back, to my pleasure. He held my waist tightly, and I slipped my arms behind his neck. He kissed me gently, and I felt so safe and happy in his arms. When I let go, he had a small smile on his lips.