Chapter 16

Yeah, the video to the side is of Matt and Romie dancing, you can skip to 1:42 because that's where the dance starts.

"Are you sure we should do this?" Matt asked, worry in his voice.

"Why not? We practiced so much, it's going to be awesome."

Matt continued scowling, obviously not convinced.  Matt and I were doing a flash mob, because I persuaded him that our dancing was awesome and a flash mob would be the perfect way to show our talents.

We were in a busy park, where there were a bunch of people milling around.  We got a pretty wide grassy area without much people, so we were standing there with my iPod plugged into a speaker.  Matt was jumping around nervously, fidgeting around with the hem of his shirt.

Rolling my eyes, I smoothed down my skirt, and started the music.  The soft meody of Edge of Glory flowed from the speakers as I walked toward Matt and we started dancing.  Already a few people turned around to watch, and someone was clapping encouragingly.

We continued on dancing, and when I jumped onto him and he carried me around while we twirled, a cheer burst out from the crowd.  I grinned as people shuffled around to give us space, and once we finished almost everyone in the park had stopped to watch.

I curtsied slightly as everyone clapped, and I saw some people holding up their phones to record our dance.  I giggled and Matt gently kissed my head.

"You're right.  That was awesome."

**********

At school, I was sitting in a comfy chair in the main entrance.  Jenny and I decided we would study together during study hall, and I smirked as Jenny and Brody kissed while cheerleaders shot daggers at Jenny.  She really has changed.  A good change.

Jenny skipped towards me and opened up her Geography text book.  I stared at her clothes.  She always dressed up so casually but today she was all dressed up with defnitely high-quality clothes.

"You look nice today." I complimented her.

"Thanks."

We smiled at each other and she went back to her text book.  We haven't really talked to each other for so long but it's still nice that we're finally friends again.  

******

I was sitting comfortably next to Matt in our usual seats, when there was an announcement.

"Hello.  Please excuse this interruption.  This is an official announcement that this year's school play will be the musical Grease.  If you want to audition, the sign up sheet will be at the main office.  The auditions will be held the coming Monday after school.  Thank you, and have a nice day."

I frowned.  Musicals.  Bleh.  I definitely can't sing, and dancing on stage makes me nervous.

I turned to Matt, who was frowning as well.

"You auditioning?" I asked.  He shook his head, raising his eyebrows like no way in hell.  I smirked.

"Anyway, can I go over to your house today? I need to show you something." He said, taking me by surprise.

"Uhmm...sure." I mumbled.  I frowned, trying to think of what he could possibly want to show me.  My birthday wasn't anytime near, and there wasn't a holiday either.  And then I thought back to when we went to a cafe for a date a few days before we did the flash mob, but I couldn't think of anything.

So by the time school ended, I was buzzing with curiosity. I quickly said bye to Jenny and told Matt to come over to my house when he got home.

I was sitting on my sofa eating ice cream when Matt strolled into my house.