"Um... I'm Sorry But Why Are You Telling Me Your Life Story?"

She stared at me for like 5 minutes.

"Um... Hello? Are you still there?"

I waved my hand in front of her face. She sighed.

"I'll have to tell you, since you saved my life and everything."

Then, without even waiting for me to respond, she started.

"There was once a very rich girl living with her parents in a very nice house. Her parents were very important people. They were also the world's nicest parents." She swallowed.

"The favourite thing that the little girl liked to do was to go on the swing that they had in their backyard, but the little girl occasionally felt lonely and disliked the nannies. She didn't have any siblings."

"Then came one day when things started to change. The girl was playing on her swing as usual, when she heard a crash behind her. She stopped the swing and ran over. She saw that it was a boy who had fell in her garden."

I'm getting more confused by the moment.

"Compared to her tidiness, the boy was messy and his ruffled black hair stuck out, and he even had dirt on his face. The first thing she thought of was trying not to get her favourite dress dirty, but she was drawn to his bright black eyes. They were the replica of the midnight sky, stars were twinkling in them."

  "You lost me."

Completely ignoring my protest, she carried on.

    " They talked, laughed and shared. Soon, they became the closest friends you could ever find."

" There's a but?"

      A silence was my reply.

  " One day, he didn't come. At the scheduled time, he didn't turn up. Of course, the little girl thought that he just got caught up or something, so she went in their secret hideout, the room in the huge tree, hidden by bushes. There, she waited and waited, for minutes, which turned into hours, then days. Obviously, people cam looking for their young mistress, but they couldn't find her anywhere when during the whole time, she was living inside of a tree. When they finally found her, she was in a coma. She had a fever from the coldness rising, but more importantly, heartbreak."

    The cute girl paused yet again and swallowed.

      " 'He's going to come back' they all say. But of course he isn't, and she knows the proof. The proof that he left behind, the proof which he had scratched into the trunks himself. The single, hurried '8'."

   " You know what that means, right?" The suddenly exhausted girl asked.

    I did. The sound of 8 sounds like farewell in chinese. The word saying for them to never see each other again.

      " But... why exactly are you telling me this?"

      She looked up, frantically searching for any signs of mockery on my face. She didn't find any, because I was honestly curious.

       She stared pointedly at the necklace that I had and spoke. " 3.5 carat, Amethyst, encased with amber, outlined with Black cat's eye Scapolite, inscripted with ancient runes, exhibited and crafted in 1591, went missing during the English civil war, was rumoured to have been bought by an old collector. Made into a necklace with the wix of the Paulownia tree. Given a name. It's called 'scindam regnum diaboli', meaning ' tear of the demon queen'."

       Huh? Is she actually talking about my old necklace?The dodgey  heart- key necklace that I'm wearing?

      " I personally gave it to the boy as a remembrance  of our friendship."