I'm A Natural When It Comes To Guns, You Know That?

As I watched her walk away, I sighed. That's that done, now I just have to find a safe- maybe not. I just have to find a way to live through this.

   Resources.

   This would be a great time to start collecting them for my health being in the long run. So, fire arms, food, water shouldn't be a problem, equipment like ropes etc. So a lot to be looking for. They might be buried or even under a trap.

 Wait.

Under. A. Trap.

     I scanned around me, taking in my surroundings. Tentatively, I started towards the depth of the forest. 

      Guess what, it was hard.

     Not just, trudging- through- an- undiscovered- part -of -the- rain forest- hard, but you had to look up above you, look down below you, and at the same time taking in your surroundings. So my eyes might have looked something like this:

*Shows picture of eye with three pupils*

Just a wild guess though.

It's like, how do you watch anime and reading the subs at the same time, but a million times harder.

------------------------ Hey, I'm Simon-------------------------

         After about an hour of searching, I gave up. It's getting dark and I would like to find somewhere safe and snug- or at least the snuggest you can get in a rain forest- and camp for the night. I climbed onto a tree and looked around me in the dimming light. It's really getting dark, the few wisps of sun that can actually reach the ground was disappearing in a remarkable speed. I would have to make do with somewhere near.

      I. Have. No. Tent.

      Or any other essential camping stuff.

      Oh well.

      I fixed my rope between two trees, about ten feet off the ground, and took out my spare winds of rope. I sort of looped it around the first rope and left enough space to fit my back pack, which doubles as a sleeping bag , in. This might sound easy, but is it really? I mean, is anything really easy when you are doing it mid air?

     I slid my self in sloth-style. The ropes slightly cut into the sleeping bag, but it wasn't so much that I had to get out again and go collect some leaves or something.

'Help! No! Don't come near me, go away!' A familiar voice in stress cried.

 Ed?

' Izzy! Help me!' The boy shouted to no where in particular.

I want to shout, but I couldn't. I want to help, but I can't.

' Izzy! Wait, what are you doing? No, no,no no no no no!'  My brother's voice faded.

    "No!" I woke up, panting. " Ed..."

      I spotted a peculiar jut in one of the trees where I was resting. Using the wonderful laws of physics, I pulled my self up and swung so that I kicked the lump. Immediately I knew something was wrong. " Yep." I grunted as I hung upside down, dangling by my right foot. " Gravity doesn't like me."

     After a long suffering five minutes. I finally manage to pull myself up. The cool, dark metal caught the morning light and I looked down. Wow, I really am getting sloppy. There it was, pieces of metal scattered around, each resembling parts of a gun.

      I managed to fit all the pieces together. " So... S&W M&P Bodyguard?" I said slowly, confirming the gun's identity. Sure, there it was, barely bigger than my hand. The famous light weight pistol, known for it's size and the fact that it was chambered for 360 ACP. Easy to carry, great. I latched the safety on and put it into my sleeping bag, which I had turned back into a rucksack again.

    Out the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow fly past, up between the trees. No, not THE Shadow, A, shadow. She coughed, or at least that's what I think she did, it sounded somewhere in between a splutter and a choke. Like she's wheezing with her windpipe squeezed tight and hiccuping at the same time. Being me, I decided to follow and see what's up( I'm so sorry, that was so bad). So, gathering up my stuff and shoving half of an energy bar into my mouth, I sprinted and flipped onto the nearest branch. Trying a vine, I swung and began on a chase in a rain forest mainly to check someone out. You know, the usual. 

       Slowly, I got the hang of this. I know that nature doesn't grow in order, so I didn't attempt to try and get the pattern of where the branches grew and how the vines hang. Instead, I learnt the rhythm. I mean, this might sound weird but, it's just like when you are listening to music and you find yourself tapping or nodding to the beat, when it even isn't that obvious. Not everything has to have a pattern, but it'll always have a rhythm.

         The girl was still gasping/coughing/wheezing/hiccuping. Now that I was getting closer to her, I could smell a faint trail of blood that lingered in the air. So she either is hitching from a stitch, or she's dying from a wound. I feel that there was a very high probability of them both happening at the same time, but I digress. Munching on the orange flavored energy bar, I regained my pace. She was going so fast that even the slightest distraction might lead me to lose her and get stranded in an unsurveilled place.

      The thick bushed came to an stop. Panting slightly, I climbed down. There she was, clutching her side, at the edge of a cliff. I could sense that she was fixing an intensive gaze at the horizon. And, being me, I naturally said" Hi." 

      What? You always need to keep your manners. Though in this case, the girl didn't seem to appreciate it. At the sound of my voice, she immediately whipped around. Confirming that I'm not a hallucination, she instinctively took a step back. I could see from the expression on her face, a realisation dawning on her for a split second before she fell. Yep, you guessed it. She took a back step on the edge of a cliff. Honestly though, who would've thought?

     I ran to the edge of the cliff and knelt. Not quite sure what to do. What do you expect? Did anyone teach you what to do when someone falls off a cliff in a rain forest? There isn't even a decent wireless network to call the ambulance. Plus the fact that I don't have a phone right now. Jeez.