Don't Fall Off So Many Cliffs Will Ya?

I stared at the place where she was standing a moment ago. Just like, emm... What is happening right now to my already messed up life? Like, bro, can't a kid these days live for five minutes without seeing someone falling off a cliff? My mind was kind of blank as I just knelt there, being an idiot and basically being... bored? Well, don't blame me, I really would've expected someone who had such and attitude and skill to do more than just letting herself fall off a cliff.

       " A hand would be helpful." Panted a voice.

        " Uh what?" I startled. Then, realising that she was trying to climb back up, I grinned and quickly reached down to help her, then realising that the gap between us was a good few meters.

      " Use your rope, you dope." She said with an irritated voice. 

      " Oh um, sure?" I scrambled for my backpack and rummaged through to find the extra rope that I had retrieved from the gun trap. I tied it securely on a rock of a decent size near by. Then chucked the rope down.

      " Thanks. I think." She grunted as the rope hits her head with a light thump. I totally did not mean to do that.

 -------Apparently I am now Geoff. Oh well, I'll just have two names--------

        We sat down by the cliff with our feet dangling over the cliff. As she rubbed some herbs on her bruise, I heard her grumble under her breath. " That'll make it the fourth one lucky."

      " Excuse me?"

      " I fell off three cliffs, and now, thanks to you, the record's now four."

        "..."

  I noticed that the cute girl's eyes, which had been somewhat hazel, was now a brilliant emerald green.

      " Your eyes..."

     " Oh this?" She wiped her hand on her shorts and reached to fiddle with her eyes. " Night vision contacts. I really shouldn't be telling you this, but since you saved my life, I wouldn't hold anything against you."

 I didn't bother mentioning that I was the one who caused her to fall off that cliff in the first place. Because.

       She carried on. " I didn't get to take them off because, well you see... I had a bit of problem last night, which is why I had them on in the first place..." She turned around so that her back was facing me and pulled up her shirt to reveal a gashing slash across her back, still oozing blood.

       " Ah... I see..." Yeah, I get the point.

       " I don't wear these to bed, no. Even though they are designed to be more comfortable, they still kind of irritate my eyes." 

   " Hmm..."

" Adversary?"

 " Yeah? Oh, so you know my name."

  " Yeah, you kinda stood out. " She had a faint smile. " Just a little."

     " It comes with being awesome." What? I was rated No. 1 for being thick skinned and just generally cool.

    " Um... Sure... I mean, normal people would laugh at that, but um, you do you."

  We laughed, our voices echoing in the quiet space.

       " Wait, I don't know your name yet."

      " It's Tails.