012: Welcome Home

Because of Jaejoong's attractive features, it goes without saying that people unconsciously paid him extra attention whenever they saw him. Obviously, it's human nature to have expectations but was it Jaejoong's fault that he's not perfect? Whenever he had to open his mouth to speak and ruin their impression of him, it was as if the whole world was suddenly out to get him.

The adults pitied him, carelessly questioning his luck and looking down at him. Meanwhile, his peers scorned him, nonchalantly isolating him and putting him down. With the exception of his parents and siblings, as well as few close friends, the rest of the world treated him the same way ever since he was still a naive little child.

Jaejoong can never forget the judgment and disappointment he was continuously subjected to, making his gentle temperament more delicate and indifferent as time went by. He did not blame anyone (not even God and himself) for his condition but he could not find it in him to rely on people easily. He does not punish, but he does not hope either. That way, there was little expectation. That way, he will feel less hurt andanger.

As a result, Jaejoong became used to strangers' stares and whispers. He's somewhat impersonal but still in a modest, acceptable way. Whatever people think of him, Jaejoong felt like it doesn't matter since it won't actually change anything. Therefore, why should he bother feeling sad or mad?

So, when his husband officially introduced him to the people in their home, Jaejoong was not at all affected when one of the younger housekeepers frowned and looked at him with uncontrolled disdain listening to his broken greeting.

However, it does make him wonder...

Since that time their engagement was made public, who in this nation was still not aware of his every good and bad? Stutterer. Loner. Timid. Unsociable. Self-absorbed. Introverted. Sickly. Unlucky. Powerless. Withdrawn. What kind of words haven't been used to describe him in those news and articles? Even the general public was so invested in him because of their interest in the Jungs. Those people, who had no need to coat their words like the media, surely used even richer and crueler vocabularies to talk about him. All because of his unexpected and unprecedented luck to marry into the Jungs. Unquestionably, the people who worked for his husband must've also been made aware and prepared appropriately. Yet, from the 3 Maids, 1 Cook, 1 Gardener, and 1 Driver/Bodyguard, that Yerim openly showed her disapproval. It wasn't that difficult for Jaejoong to realize why.

Obviously, her feelings for his husband are not that simple. Only the matters of the heart could make anyone that foolish and headstrong. But felings are not something anyone can control. So what if she likes his husband? Jaejoong's sure with his husband's looks and status, the man must have many more admirers out there and as his wife, he should be proud of that instead of worrying and hating everyone. Even if she thinks Jaejoong's undeserving of his husband, that's her own personal opinion and there's actually nothing wrong with it. Jaejoong is a stutterer. It's a fact. For anyone making comparison between them, even without taking into account how his husband saved the Kims' business, it's obvious who's the luckier one. For others to be envious, it's really understandable.

"They all live here, on this floor. You'll have time to get to know them better."

Dismissing the small crowd with just a slight move of his head, his husband once again linked their arms, leading him up the staircase. He seemed to like physical contact so much. Whenever they're together, public or not, Jaejoong's almost always in his hold. Because of that, Jaejoong had no time to entertain any doubts and insecurities. No matter what others say, what matters more is his husband's opinion. Given that his husband's treating him this preciously, Jaejoong's more than capable of showing his gratitude.

"Come. I'll show you our room."

"Hm." Jaejoong nodded and naturally glanced behind. Everybody else had already dispersed but Yerim was still frozen down there, looking up at them with a blank expression. Her expression noticeably hardened when she noticed his gaze but Jaejoong simply nodded in good grace before turning away.

"Everything in this house, if you don't like it you can remove or change it."

"Hm?" Jaejoong's steps faltered. He knew? "You- you mean...?"

"Exactly what you think." Reaching the top of the stairs, his husband calmly gestured to the first room, no longer explaining. "This is the Main Guest Room. This next room is for you. It is for your personal space, you can do whatever you want with it. The one next to it is my Study, you should not enter without my permission. This last room, this is our bedroom."

Our bedroom, Jaejoong found himself reddening at that thought.

"All of your things had been unpacked. Is it to your liking?"

Jaejoong did not immediately answer. He walked around the massive room, eyes wide with wonder. The whole room seemed to exude elegant practicality and Jaejoong's especially in love with the white-green hues used. In addition, the bed was soft and comfy, with plenty of thick blankets. The wardrobe was spacious, almost the size of his room back in Kims' Residence and it was half filled with familiar clothes and accessories while the other half was filled with his husband's. Even the bathroom could be compared to the one in the suite, with such a big bathtub and elegant design. And the best thing was the fact that their room have a wide balcony with the view of the garden below, separated only by glass doors.

Jaejoong had always envied those characters in novels whose house always with a balcony. For him who likes to be outside but always worry about meeting people, being able to bask in the sun or gaze at the stars from the safety of his own room is the best. "Hm! I l- like it!"

"Good."

"Tha- thank you- Hus- husband."

"Other than my Study, you are allowed to renovate everything else. Find Mdm Lin to help you in matters regarding the house. For other matters, you should find Mr Tae. They will obey your commands, even when I'm not here."

"O- okay."

"I have to go somewhere now but I'll be back before dinner. You should take the time to rest and familiarize yourself with your new home."

Jaejoong nodded and watched as his husband exited the room without looking back.