008: Between Luck and Fate

Jaejoong's shy but at the same time, happy. With his fiancé's arm around his waist in a way that can be regarded as intimate yet not overbearing, Jaejoong felt a mixture of indescribable feelings. Even though they turned some heads since the moment they stepped into the shopping complex, Jaejoong surprisingly felt little panic and fear. In fact, Jaejoong thought he's feeling more incredulous with the way his fiancé confidently leading him. For someone like him who'd never even had a crush on somebody for his whole life, as someone who'd never even got close to anybody romantically, his fiancé's behaviours and actions are humbling to say the least. Why would such a man decided to follow his family's arrangements and eventually settled on someone like Jaejoong? At the same time the thought occurred to him, another thought emerged. Since the man had chosen him, then Jaejoong would definitely cherish this opportunity and not waste his chance. After all, other than his age, his fiancé had no obvious flaw. Even then, the gap between their age are not really that big. Just 16 years... Not that much.

Honestly, Jaejoong never really give much thought about his future partner since he'd always believed he would willingly accept whoever Father and Mother decided for him so whether they're younger or older than him, Jaejoong won't really have anything to say about it. The same goes for their gender. Whether he'll be marrying a husband or a wife, Jaejoong had always thought he'll try his best either way. Even if he's the one who's going to carry a child... Jaejoong thought he could still give it his all.

Most importantly, no matter what angle he used to look at his fiancé, Jaejoong felt like there's nothing he could complain about. So what if his fiancé's already 35 years old? He looked even better than those teenage models on the billboards scattered all over this plaza! And his fiancé's character is unbelievably good too. What more could he ask for?

With all these thoughts running wild, Jaejoong wasn't really paying attention to anything else. In no time at all, they had already arrived at one of the Kims' Jewellery Store. The moment they went inside, the Sales Manager was already waiting for them. His fiancé pensively nodded. "We're here to pick up our wedding rings."

"Third Master Jung, First Master Kim. We've been told about your visit by the Madam and we already have the rings ready. Would you like to try them first?"

What better way to promote the Kims' jewellery other than personally endorsing it? His fiancé doesn't seem to mind anyway.

"Ple- please." Jaejoong knew Mother had personally designed their rings when the date was fixed, taking their preferences and finger size into account of course, but this would be his first time seeing it. He can't help the eagerness. His Mother is known to be one of the most talented jewellers in the nation so he's sure it'll be perfect but the reality exceeded his expectation. "It's- pre- pretty." Jaejoong gasped. Before he could reach out to try his ring, his fiancé had already gotten the smaller one in his hold and naturally pushed the ring into Jaejoong's ring finger.

"Perfect fit." His fiancé smiled, and Jaejoong's so flustered his whole face immediately turned red. Even his neck and ears were turning red. In fact, right now his ears were actually much redder than the ripest tomatoes!

"Why don't First Master Kim put Third Master Jung's ring on his finger as well to see if it fit?" The Sales Manager suggested with a professional smile and Jaejoong only stared at her wide eyed.

"Good idea." His fiancé calmly responded and Jaejoong knew there's no other way.

Slightly trembling, Jaejoong took the ring and slowly touched his fiancé's hand in order to push it through the right finger. "It- f- fit." He clarified and immediately moved his hand away as if electrified. Even though they'd held hands before, this would be the first time Jaejoong initiated it. Due to his introverted nature, the only physical contact he had with other people outside his immediate family members were only with his closest friends and even then, they only shared handshakes and occasional hugs. He's not comfortable being touched and touching others, so naturally it took quite a long time for him to allow those touches yet it took his fiancé only around a month.