Part 10 - His thirst

I couldn't face any of my friends and the fear of facing Helen started to kill me. Each night I sleep on the bed, I felt Joanne. His arms wrapping me around, his kisses all over my body and his touch is a mixture of rustic and sensitive feel. I cry to sleep and long to forget everything.

Besides all this pain, fear, and regret. Deep inside I know, I started to love him. If he was not the boyfriend of Helen, I would never let him go. And deep down I know all his words were true and this time I have messed up hard... 

After the sex with Joanne, I started to feel more guilty and I just wanted to return to India. But the exams were on my head and I can't ignore them anymore. so I started to attend the classes but avoided Helen because I couldn't see her after realizing what I did to her. 

And In the hope that Joanne and Helen would be happy together, I started to concentrate on my studies. My friends started to suspect my unusual behavior but I managed to tackle each situation I come across to hide the feeling which was growing within me. 

I put the fake face while being with my friends and started to give the exams. How much ever I try and how much ever I may hide, but every night, in my bed, I just cry... missing him! 

I was upset... Not because I regret the night I spent with Joanne. But It's just that I started to realize my feelings for him. I was falling for him, for his touch, for his kiss, for him but he can never be mine. 

Joanne never contacted me after the night but every time I see my mobile, I expect his message or calls. I was going crazy into him but I couldn't let him know this...

My exams were finally over, and It was the day I was about to leave for the vacation to my origin, India... My flight is at 22:30 and I was packing my bags. Sebastian called me and asked to meet him at his place before I leave for the airport. And I wanted to see my friends before I leave because I was in a state where I might not return to Canada this time. And I wanted to shut down my dream studies just because I couldn't resist Joanne anymore. 

I reach Sebs' home and when I entered, I was surprised! All my friends were there. They planned out all this to give me a surprise party and I was quite happy about it. I met everyone and I told my goodbyes. After a few drinks and dance, Helen and Seb were pretty close and all other friends were at their own pace after a few drinks. Again, I was sitting on the couch alone seeing everybody and thinking about the one person who I was missing like anything... 

My eyes searched for him but I knew he would never come here especially after everything that happened between us. And I felt like, it's for the good. After taking the few sips of coke, I wanted to use in the washroom and I went to Seb's room. 

I drained my thoughts about Joanne with the flush and I came outside to leave for the airport, and again, I saw him... Tall, masculine, strong, and seductive Joanne Parker! 

I was surprised to see him and He was watching me coming to the Living room. I avoided his gaze and took my bags to leave and I saw him walking towards me. 

My heart was racing fast and I could hear my own heartbeats. My palms were sweating and I was shivering inside. Just when I was wearing my jacket, he came and helped me from the back, pinning my hair out. 

"Hello love" He whispered in my left ear. 

"Hi" I hesitantly replied. 

"May I have a few minutes with you?" He smiled and asked. 

I look back at Helen, and she was smiling at us holding the glass of her drink. "She called me here and asked to leave you at the airport..." Joanne replied over my gesture. 

"Sure" I agreed, because I know I won't see him after this moment. 

"Shall we leave? it's getting late..." He casually asked me and I just nodded. I said goodbyes to my friends and walked out the door...

He drove me to the airport. we didn't speak anything while the drive... He stopped the car at a cafe and brought me a coffee... He kept staring at me and I kept on ignoring his gaze. I was waiting for him to speak up but he just kept looking at me. After some time of silence, I felt too awkward and I said, "I think we should leave now."

He took a deep breath and questioned me, "Why are you leaving Maya?"

I was in shock and surprised. None of my friends asked me this because I told everyone that I am going on a vacation but Joanne asked this, which felt like He knows the real reason. But I can't tell him that I am leaving and never coming back. So I just made a fake laugh and said, "I am just visiting my parents on a vacation. And I basically belong to India. It's not like I can stay here forever."

Joanne smiled and told, "I can read your eyes, Maya. Don't lie to me. You're too bad at it" 

I remained calm and I couldn't reply to his words. He then said, "Maya, you may leave and run from me, but you cannot run away from the feeling you have within you for me. I knew you love me but for some bullshit reason, you are denying it. I can't force you to be with me but I can assure you one thing, I will love you even if you leave from here, from me. And when the time comes, I will bring you back here with me and maybe for me!" 

I was watching at him and listening to his every word carefully, I could see the pain, anger, and stubbornness in his eyes. I went speechless and I don't understand what he meant by he will bring me back... We both were looking deep into each other eyes and It was like our soul was speaking through it. He wanted to stop me and I wanted him to stop me but we both don't listen to our hearts at the moment. I took my bags, got down, took a taxi for the Airport. 

Finally, I reached India to my home, to my parents, to my family, to my culture. But still, I felt something was missing within me and I knew It was my heart to Joanne. He sucked out all my happiness through the eyes when I saw him for the last time. And maybe I should live like this for the rest of my life. 

I couldn't tell my parents that I am stopping my studies. So I just started to suck up my days and faked each second of my life with a fake smile. 

Days passed, I never made any contact with anyone in Canada. All the time I could only think about Joanne and that drove me crazy. Just like a typical Indian family, my mom started to look for my life partner. In India, 80% of marriages are still arranged. And I was fine with it. But every time I think about being with a guy, I miss Joanne, I wish to be with him. If he could come to me now, I would never let him go. Because I have already fallen deep into him and I just couldn't deny it now.  

-Later few days-

It was a fine evening, my mom has arranged a date for me with some guy she chose me for. How pathetic right! Well, This is what happens in my culture. I was waiting for that random guy in a Hotel. And I was scrolling my mobile gallery watching photos of Joanne and my friends. And just then I heard his voice. It was very familiar. I casually looked at the door and he entered. Joanne Parker... He entered the Hotel and I was shocked at the spot. 

He didn't saw me and he just went to the reception area and then headed to the rooms upstairs. I just couldn't stop myself anymore. It was like my dream come true. I quickly followed him to the lobby. 

Joanne entered room 405 on the fourth floor and I followed him just to confirm what I saw with my eyes. Is it really Joanne? Or am I hallucinating?

I slowly walked near door 405 but hesitated to knock on the door. There was nobody else in the Hallway and I got more confused. Maybe I was really started to see things and I might have lost my mind..., with such thoughts, I took a deep breath and I turned my back. 

It can't be Joanne... How could he come here, to India? "You're getting sick Maya" - I told myself and took my step backward towards the lobby. And just then, a hand grabbed me inside the room and the door shuts!