Part 1 - Maya

My life is simple,  very simple. I live in India, and my parents are good enough to give me my space. I have a little brother and a few friends to live with. I do A+ in my grades and I have always been a good nerdy type of girl throughout my school life. This is me, a boring me! Though I wanted to live an adventurous life, I love the peace that I have in my life and I want to live this way always. 

I am 18 years now and completing high school. I wanted to do my higher studies Abroad. And I convinced my parents to apply for a university in Toronto, where I can continue my college. 

It was the day, I was expecting my result from the Serena college of arts and technology, Toronto, Ontario. 

As usual, I woke up and got dressed, and came to the living room where my parents and brother were doing their routine. 

Mom: "Good morning baby, what do you need for the breakfast?"

Maya: "I am not hungry, I will have my brunch late." 

Dad: "I am getting late to the office, I will catch up with you later sweetheart. Just make sure to call me once you receive the call from the college"

Maya: "sure Dad."

I was worried and my heart was rising fast as time passes. It was almost half-past 12 noon, and I still didn't get any information from the college. I was peeping into my mobile, my email but I didn't receive any message from the college. I finally started to lose my hope but then I got the call. 

OA: "Hello, May I speak to Maya?"

Maya: "Yeah, speaking."

AO: "I am Jennifer, speaking on behalf of Serena college. Congratulation Maya! You have passed the entrance exams at our college and you got selected to study here on our campus."

As soon as I hear those words, tears of happiness started to fall on my cheeks and I was stunned for a while and took a deep breath and responded. 

AO: "Hello? Are you there on the call ?"

Maya: "Yeah, I am. Thank you so much for this opportunity"

AO: "Make sure to be here in our office this coming Monday and bring all your legal documents for completing the further formalities."

Maya: "I will. Thank you."

AO: "Good day Maya, looking forward to seeing you soon. Bye"

Maya: "Bye Jennifer"

I just can't control my happiness, I felt like I was flying in the sky. I immediately called my dad and informed him about the call. 

My dad worked so had to get myself the visa and It was all prepared earlier so It was just that we were waiting for the call to book my flight ticket to Ontario. 

And now that I received the call, my flight was booked for Friday evening. 

I just can't explain the happiness and excitement I felt while I was thinking about my life abroad and I was living a dream. And It was my Dream come true!

What little I was not known, that you won't get everything you need! But In my case, I got something more than I actually wished for... which changed my life completely upside down!!