Chapter 31

Gwen's POV: 

I lay in the hospital, confused and scared. My parents didn't come to visit me and I couldn't help but look at the door the whole time. A knock came and I immediately sat upright from the bed, "Come in." I replied, my voice went cracky a bit but I still managed to keep my voice steady. 

"Sweetie." My eyes went teary when I noticed my mum, entering the room hugging me in the process. Her eyes were puffy and red, I glanced behind her. 

"Where's dad?" I asked, not seeing the familiar face. My mum's face did a small smile, "His outside talking to ..-she paused before saying the next word- someone." She whispered. 

"Can I see him?" I gripped onto my shirt and glanced to the floor. My mum stayed quiet, unsure of what to say next..she was hesistating on her answer. "Now. Please." I replied.

"Don't worry, he'll be here soon." She replied with a stiff smile. It was obvious, she was hiding something from me.

"What are you hiding from me?" I asked, looking her in the eye. I saw her expression waver before holding a stiff expression. She faked a smile, " I have no idea what your talking about." She whispered, she edged near my bed.

"Who is Dad talking to?" I asked, looking my mum into her eye. I didn't know where I got my confidence or why I had spoke so rudely toward my mum. Her shock expression showed it all, I sighed. 

"Sorry, mum. I'm just...-before I could finish her sentence, her fingers laced above my hand, making me look up to her. 

"I know, sweetie. You don't need to say anything." She whispered. The knob on the door twisted softly and I saw my Dad walk in. I glanced at him, another figure from behind looked at me with a glare.

"Why are you still here, Derek?" I asked. My mum and dad looked at each other before looking at me, "There's something we had been hiding from you...." I looked at them both with confusion.

"What is it?" I asked, looking between the two.

"You are not...-my mum broke down before she could ever finish her sentence. 

"What?" I asked, I felt nervous and scared. 

Derek walked towards me, my dad had brought my mum outside.

"I was suppose to tell you the truth....Oh, dear Gwen. My little toy." He replied, as he took a seat at the edge of my bed. 

"What truth?" I asked, in irritation. Derek grew closer towards me, to the point where we both were staring at each other from 30cm apart. 

Henry's POV:

"Where are you going, Henry?" Luke came out of the house, following my steps.

"I'll explain later." I replied. Luke stopped me from opening the door of the car.

"what?" I asked, trying to move him away. He shook his head, "Your not going anywhere, unless you tell me what's going on...now." He replied sternly.

"I DON'T HAVE TIME!" I yelled at him angrily, his expression of determination did not waver at all. 

"I don't care." Luke said calmly. I snorted in fake laughter, "Can you just leave me alone?" I replied angrily. 

"Nope."  I glanced at my watch. "You leave me no choice." I replied again. My fist clenched and I aimed for his face, he easily moved away and grabbed my hand. 

"Never fought in ages, huh. You've changed Henry, always using your fists....I thought I taught you different from that." He lets go of my fist.

"Gwen needs me." I replied, finally with pleading eyes.