Chapter 8

Henry's POV:

After school, I decided to walk towards the field... I felt like taking a small nap considering my brother had texted me that he'd be coming to pick me up late, so I had nothing else to do but chill at school. I sat down a nearby bench and started to read a book. It was a different book this time, my brother recommended it... I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually enjoying this book. It was about vampires and werewolves and well... a human. I looked at the title again, 'Twilight'...if someone had saw me read this book, I'd be in embarassment. I decided to engage every word, I looked up from my book when I heard a familar voice. I saw Gwen and Brody talking, it seemed pretty serious... I sat on my bench and placed the book down. Do they not see me? I am like sitting right on a bench... they were really loud...I think this had got to do with the 'break up'. I glanced at Gwen, she went walking away but Brody stopped her. Oh gosh, I know what they're going to do. I looked back down to my book but heard Brody cuss under his breath. He punched his fist on the brick wall and it started bleeding. "THAT HURT!" He yelled angrily. I got up from my seat, he was so loud. 

"HENRY!" Brody suddenly yelled, I felt goosebumps grow on my arms but I didn't dare look back. I continued to walk, reading my book again. "ARE YOU FREAKEN DEAF!?" I heard footsteps behind me grow closer, I stopped and sighed. I dropped my book down and felt him launch for a punch to my shoulder, I lost balance and fell to the floor. He went on top and grabbed my shirt pulling me towards him. "Your going to freaken pay for coming here!" He shouted angrily. I pushed my glasses to the bridge of my nose, stay calm..Henry...stay calm. "I didn't want to come here in the first place, but it's not my fault." I shouted back at Brody. This only made him more angrier, he grabbed my glasses...everything went blurry. "What? You blind ?!" He laughed, he smashed my glasses agaisnt the brick wall and laughed again. "I'm going to make your ugly face look like a toad. That way, Gwen will never love you. She only likes you because of your looks!" He yelled. He got up immediately, I tried to run away but he managed to catch up with me. He kicked me on the back and I fell to the floor. I felt blood trickle down my forehead, "Well, Gwen won't be seeing you for awhile." He whispered as he kicked me again in the stomach. 

"GET AWAY!" I heard Luke run towards me and kick Brody to the floor, Luke was much more taller than me and stronger than me. Luke continued to punch Brody, "Stop!" I yelled towards Luke, I couldn't exactly see where he was. "Just take me to the hospital." I replied as I slowly got up from the ground. Luke kicked Brody again and left Brody to the floor. "IF YOU TOUCH MY BROTHER AGAIN, I WILL, FOR NO DOUBT....KILL YOU!" Luke yelled as he kicked Brody again. Luke made his way towards me, grabbing my book and bag. My glasses was already smashed, I coughed out blood and everything suddenly went black. 

Gwen's POV: 

My brother kept on asking me about Brody but I didn't say a word to him. I noticed he wasn't driving home, "Where are we going?" I asked as I noticed big buildings. "Mum's work...remember?" He replied. I gasped, I hadn't seen mum in ages...she'd be working so hard. I walked closer towards my mum's work, someone was handing out newspapers for $10 and I gasped. I payed for the newspaper and saw him. "Dad..." I whispered as I read the headlines. "What happened?" James grabbed the newspaper for me. I was never into news but if it was news about my Dad...it made me cringe. "WHAT?!" James yelled. I grabbed the paper out of James hand and read the headlines. 

ADAM PARIN RELEASED FROM JAIL AFTER A TEN YEAR SENTENCE. 

My brother pulled me into a tight hug, I remembered the pain. Your probably wondering why my dad was in jail...he killed my little brother. I didn't tell mum that dad had been abusing both me and ..Thomas. I loved Thomas so much, he would always draw pictures of our family but one day...he had accidentally left a crayon on the floor, which poked my dad's foot. My dad immediately started stranggling him, I remember myself trying to stop him... telling him that he was hurting him and requesting that I should get hurt instead. He just slapped me and I blacked out, the moment  I woke up ...they told me the news. I cried every single day and fell into a huge depression. I hugged James so tightly, "No..please...James, I don't want him to be free...Please." I whispered as I cried onto his shirt. He let go of me and I pulled away. I looked up and saw his face turn pale.

"James...Gwen...?" I turned around and saw my dad. I suddenly felt my blood boil, I ran towards him but James stopped me. "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! YOU KILLED MY BROTHER! YOU KILLED THOMAS!! YOU KILLED HIM!" I shouted. Everyone stared at us, I felt myself choke on tears. "I HATE YOU!" I shouted again. I couldn't handle this anymore, I suddenly fainted.