Chapter 12

Brody's POV:

It was my birthday soon...mostly I don't throw big parties but considering it was my 18th birthday, I had to do something. I paced my room then an idea popped up. I'm going to invite Gwen and tell her Henry will be coming. I walked out and gobbled my breakfast down, I ruffled my sister's hair. She smiled softly at me, "How you doing, princess?" I asked as I bent to look her in the eye.

"I'm doing fine~" She giggled. I laughed and messed her hair again. "Stoooop it!" She replied as she tried to fix her hair. "C'mon, I'm going to drop you off." I replied as I picked her up from the floor , she giggled again. I placed her into the chair and placed the seatbelt on her, "Hold on, my dear... the prince will be waiting for you at the palace" I replied in a heroic way. She giggled again, Hazel always loved it when I made her life like a fairytale...I wish the same will happen to me. I laughed at the crazy thought and continued to drive. I finally dropped her off, she immediately made her way to the child care centre. 

I arrived at school, Jake brought me into his arms and ruffled my hair playfuly. I laughed and pushed him away, "How's life with your chicka?" Jake asked. He passed some girls and they immediately melted. Gwen hadn't told anyone about our break up, suprisingly....the only people she did tell was Melissa, or that's what I think. She probably told Lily , but I don't know if I should be so sure on who she told exactly. I made my way to Gwen, she turned from her locker and gave me a look of disgust. I frowned, she always use to be so cheery when I walked up to her. I sighed, "Gwen...I'm going to have a birthday party soon for my 18th birthday, I really want you to come...please." She glanced at her friends, they were nodding their heads. She sighed in approval and looked me in the eye, "Who's coming?" She asked as she turned to lock her locker. "Everyone." I replied, trying to look appealing. 

"Fine...." She replied as she continued to walk, she stopped and glanced back, "Text me the details.." I immediately grinned, I guess she'll actually be coming.  

Gwen's POV: 

I knew Brody was going to have a birthday party, it was his 18th birthday and of course, he was going to invite me. Duh. Melissa and Lily watched me pace the room, "I got it. Melissa, your going to get Brody drunk as heck." I smirked as I thought of my plan to get rid of Brody. Pity, it had to be on his birthday party.... 

Henry's POV: 

I saw Brody walking towards me, I immediately turned around and walked the opposite direction. "Wait." Brody whispered faintly. I didn't stop at all and continue to walk. "Can you just stop? I want to apologise." Judging by the tone of his voice, he was being sincere. I turned around and pushed my glasses to the bridge of my nose. "What?" I asked calmly. "I'm sorry, what I did ...was horrible. I shouldn't of done that, it wasn't your fault at all. I was in the mood of anger that time and well, you just seemed to be there at that exact time. I'm really sorry, Henry and as an apology, I want you to come to my birthday party." I stayed quiet and processed his words..a party? I've never been invited to a party before. 

"I'll think of it..." I whispered back as I looked to the floor. 

"What's your number?" Brody took a step closer, I was going to take a step back but I had to trust the fact that he was being sincere and taking a step back would mean I didn't accept his apology. I took out of my phone and unlocked it, he immediately snatched it out of my hands and placed his number into a contact file. 

"I'll text you the details, please come ...Henry." He replied for the last time before walking off. 

This is weird...I got invited to a party that wasn't my own...not like anyone would come to my birthday party. I've never had actual friends and even if I did invite them, they never came.